Hey! It’s Friday! Time to eat popcorn!?!
I consume an embarrassing amount of popcorn. Em.barrass.iiiiing.
What’s worse is that it’s not just any ol’ popcorn. It sorta, kinda looks like this Salted Chocolate Caramel Popcorn.
Ok, so it is this popcorn.
I’m crazy about it. I can’t keep my hands out of the bowl. I may or may not have added it to my bowl of cereal… And topped my ice cream with it…
In fact, I look forward to the weekends so I can have an excuse to make it because, as we all know, weekend calories don’t count. You shush! This is my
world blog. 😀
That’s also why I chose to post this recipe on a Friday – to get you ready for the weekEND!
You know what’s also embarrassing? How easy this recipe is. Seriously. All you have to do is pop some kernels, make the caramel, throw in some chocolate chips and voila! You can prepare it during the introductory credits of that movie you’re about to watch this weekend.
If you want to add some pizazz to your popcorn, make this, like, yesterday! Don’t blame me because you didn’t double the recipe.
- 6 cups popped popcorn (about 5 tablespoons unpopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea Salt , to taste
- chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt; stir until it starts to boil.
- Let boil for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Mix in baking soda and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon until chocolate is melted and thoroughly combined.
- Spread popcorn over prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with sea salt and let cool.
- Garnish with chocolate chips and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 19
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy