Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are made for peanut butter lovers! Easy to make and always delicious!
This is Death by Peanut Butter…as if! I can finish a jar of Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter in a jiffy! And I won’t die. I’ll just want one more jar. I love that Peanut Butter. I can’t get enough of it.
Hey, Smucker’s, if you are looking for a spokesperson, I’m right here…that is if the contract includes a lifetime supply of your Natural Peanut Butter.
Sometimes, though, a spoon of peanut butter just doesn’t cut it. Sometimes you just want to indulge and bite into a cookie. With peanut butter. And peanut butter cups.
I ate half the bag of mini PB cups. The other half made it into these Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups cookies. What? You don’t do that?! Of course you do! Then you blame it on your kids and tell the hubs that they ate all the PB cups… and the jar of Nutella.
It was 2 a.m. – the baby wouldn’t sleep. What else was I going to do.
To make up for it, I sent these PB cookies to work with my husband. Broke my heart to have to give them away: so chewy, so peanutty…I love them… I kept a few for me.
The recipe is a standard cookie recipe with the addition of creamy peanut butter and finely chopped mini chocolate peanut butter cups. I used 10 mini PB cups, and that was plenty, even for a peanut butter freak like me.
If you want, go ahead and use more, or less, to suit your taste. Or don’t use any. But, please don’t do that.
Peanut Butter Cups Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.