Orange and Cranberry Chex Mix – Super delicious, dangerously addictive and the best snack to bring to your New Year’s Eve Party!
Hi, guys! I hope your Monday is merry and bright, just as your weekend was!
Soooo. Obviously, yes, I am openly bringing you a recipe that should have been shared before Christmas. Buuuuut….
You know… I’ve already told you this once or thrice before, but MY Holiday festivities are just about to start.
While you’re packing up the Christmas trees and settling back into the old routine, I’m digging around for more Christmas lights, baking more cookies than I care to admit, and just getting around to wrapping up the last of our presents. We exchange gifts on New Year’s Day; it keeps things in perspective. And we celebrate Christmas on January 7th.
On to food.
This one time, way back when I was a party animal and stayed out way past midnight, I went to a New Year’s Eve party and there I was introduced to a huge tub of Chex Mix. I looked at the hostess, thinking that she was making a joke. I mean, she was serving cereal at a party!
What I didn’t know was that this cereal was extra special. Laced with cranberries and flavored with a hint of orange, this was the best dry cereal, ever. I had NO idea that this Mix was a THING!
Shamelessly, I stuffed my face like nobody was watching. My hand did not leave that tub. I am not sure what everyone else thought of me, but to this day, I haven’t been invited to one of her parties, again… Whatev. It’s probably because I can’t party with 2 kids glued to my hip at all times. I hope that’s why. I mean, it would suck if they thought I ate all their food, you know? ‘Cause I did.
This Orange and Cranberry Chex Mix is totally going to be your party staple, just as it is mine. Mixed with a good dose of almonds… it’s just perfect.
Everyone likes it, and you will, too!
Orange and Cranberry Chex Mix
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Honey Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 bag (8-ounces) sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate , thawed
- 1 bag (5-ounces) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine cereals and almonds in a large roasting pan; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar and juice concentrate; microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir the orange-mixture and pour it over the cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and stir in cranberries.
- Spread on a foil-lined pan and let completely cool.