I’m serving something a tad bit healthier today. It’s granola!
But, once you have a taste of this Maple Nut Granola, you won’t even care whether it’s healthy or not. I mean, seriously, there’s maple syrup in here. Is it still considered healthy? But, it is homemade, and homemade is always better and healthier than store-bought.
The crunchy texture of this granola will have you nibbling away straight from the palm of your hand. I can’t let go of it until it’s all gone. I suck on the oats just to get every bit of that sweet taste in my mouth. As if you don’t do that. Sure, I throw it over some fruit and cereal, but a girl’s gotta snack, too.
You know what’s great about this recipe? You can totally customize this granola to your own liking. More pecans, less almonds, dried fruit, no fruit… it’s up to you. Then just add it to your cereal, yogurt, or fruit. Or do as I do – grab the jar, stick your hands in, and eat!
I always make granola in large batches and store it in glass jars or in an airtight container. It keeps good for weeks.
Maple Nut Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, pecans, almonds, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla; stir, bring to a boil, stir, and remove from heat.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture over the oats mixture and toss together until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- For a crunchier granola, bake it for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and let cool.
- While the granola is still a bit warm, break up some of the larger clumps.
- Once the granola is completely cool, remove from baking sheet and store in an airtight container.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.