Honey-Orange Curd Tartlets – Made with just a few ingredients, including dairy-free butter, Honey-Orange Curd is the perfect addition to these delicious, easy-to-make tartlets.
Warning: Dangerously addictive.
Hi, you guys! Did you miss me? I know, it’s only been like a hot second since we last spoke, and I am coming at you with one more recipe on the same day, buuuuut I have a very good reason!
1. Delicious Honey-Orange Curd. ’nuff said?
2. Organic, NON GMO, good for you things!
There are certain events in a person’s life that call for citrus puddings. Right now, like right this very second, Winter is that event.
Oranges = Winter
You know what tops that? Orange-Dessert! Of course!
AND what tops that?!
Desserts made with good-for-you components! Things like, Organic, Non GMO, all-natural and pure ingredients.
See? Suddenly things are looking reeeeal good for us.
Can we talk about something semi-related for a minute?
Two words. MELT Organic.
That would be that pretty little container up there, filled with luscious butter improvements that are good for you!
Bonus? MELT Organic is made with a blend of the healthiest fruit and plant based oils, and each variety supports healthy weight when replacing other fats in your daily diet.
That being said, today’s dessert is already a rock star!
So far, I know that MELT tastes delicious on pancakes and toast, but surprisingly, it also bakes/cooks/melts just like butter. And it’s 22 calories LESS than butter!
To satisfy my citrus cravings, and to update my Lemon Curd recipe, I used MELT’s “Honey MELT Organic” which is made with certified organic virgin coconut oil and palm fruit oil. It’s soy-free, dairy-free, and dang delicious. I had to stop myself from eating it straight out of the container.
Consequently, I made Honey-Orange Curd and ate it straight from the jar.
Then, surprise guests (my Mom and Dad) showed up and the half-cup I had left over, I piped it inside these cute tartlets, topped ’em with berries and mint, and TADA! Dessert is served! I bet you wish you were there for that moment. 😉
Now it’s your turn to try MELT and feel good about it. Hop over to MELT Store Locator to get started.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 10 tablespoons (140 grams) Honey MELT Organic, cut up in pieces
- Fillo Shells
- whipped cream , (optional)
- mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, lemon juice, zest, and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until simmering; turn heat to low.
- In the meantime, in a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks until smooth.
- Remove orange mixture from heat and slowly pour half of it into the yolks while whisking. Don't stop whisking, otherwise you will end up with scrambled eggs.
- Pour the entire egg-mixture back into the saucepan and continue to cook over low heat while whisking until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon; about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter; continue to whisk until melted and smooth.
- Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for about a week.
- To make the fillo shells, pipe about a tablespoon of the cooled Honey-Orange Curd inside the shells.
- Top with a teaspoon of whipped cream, berries and fresh mint leaves.
WW SmartPoints: 4
MELT® Organic is a line of luscious, organic spreads made from healthy oils for butter lovers seeking a much healthier alternative, available in Rich & Creamy (original), Honey, and NEW Chocolate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MELT Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy