I’m not a good thief.
This Frozen Mojito Pie story will tell you why.
A few weeks ago I was sitting in a doctor’s waiting room, chatting with the others, looking through magazines, reading, and enjoying the “You might be suffering from XYZ” articles, and “Take ABC Drugs for only 200$ a pill”.
I then came across this photo.
What I did next is something that any of you would have done; I ripped the page off and shoved it in my purse! Quickly!
The entire ride home involved thoughts of cold Mojitos and frozen pies. Ahhh.
As soon as I arrived, I opened up my purse, took out the photo and… panic! Where’s the RECIPE?!?
All I found was an ad for Milk – no recipe!
I thought that the recipe would be on the back of the photo. (Isn’t that where they always are?)
I was so nervous to tear that page from a magazine that did not belong to me, that I did not even think to see if there was a recipe somewhere near the photo. (insert “duh” emoticon here.)
After a long search, and a couple of hits and misses, I found the one!
FROZEN MOJITO PIE
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 5 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest from 1 lime
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint (I like it minty, so I use 3 tbsp. of mint)
- 2 cups Whipped Topping
- In a mixing bowl combine pretzel crumbs and butter; mix until combined.
- Press the pretzels onto the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Freeze for one hour, or until firm.
- In your mixer’s bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, zest, juice, and mint; beat until well blended.
- Whisk in whipped topping.
- Spoon filling over prepared crust.
- Freeze for 6 hours or over night.
- Remove pie from pan and top it with crushed pretzels and slices of lime.
- Keep pie frozen.
Total time includes freezing time. Hands-on time is about 10 minutes.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints: 11
Please follow me to Foodbeast for the recipe.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy