Death by Peanut Butter…as if! I can finish a jar of Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter in a jiffy! And I won’t die. I’ll just want one more jar. I love that Peanut Butter. I can’t get enough of it.
Hey, Smucker’s, if you are looking for a spokesperson, I’m right here…that is if the contract includes a lifetime supply of your Natural Peanut Butter.
Sometimes, though, a spoon of peanut butter just doesn’t cut it. Sometimes you just want to indulge and bite into a cookie. With peanut butter. And peanut butter cups.
I ate half the bag of mini PB cups. The other half made it into these Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups cookies. What? You don’t do that?! Of course you do! Then you blame it on your kids and tell the hubs that they ate all the PB cups… and the jar of Nutella.
It was 2 a.m. – the baby wouldn’t sleep. What else was I going to do.
To make up for it, I sent these PB cookies to work with my husband. Broke my heart to have to give them away: so chewy, so peanutty…I love them… I kept a few for me.
The recipe is a standard cookie recipe with the addition of creamy peanut butter and finely chopped mini chocolate peanut butter cups. I used 10 mini PB cups, and that was plenty even for a peanut butter freak like me. If you want, go ahead and use more, or less, to suit your taste. Or don’t use any. Please don’t do that.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter , softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 10 mini chocolate peanut butter cups , finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium-sized bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy. Add in the sugars and continue to mix for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the peanut butter and egg.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the chopped mini chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Shape cookie dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place them two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie in a crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
WW SmartPoints: 5