This simple crock pot chicken recipe is creamy, delicious & SO easy to make! Just place all ingredients in the crock pot and walk away. Even the noodles get cooked in the crock pot!
AND it’s made without any Cream of XYZ soups!!!
Yes, I had to shout that one out.
Hallowwww, friends! How are YOU? I’m doing well, just singing to myself; snow snow go away, don’t come back another daaaaay!
I’m a little bothered by the ugly weather. I really thought we were out of the danger zone this winter. I thought we were really going to get away with just some freezing temps here and there; no storms, no snow, no school closings, etc… Well, it didn’t happen. ALMOST! But not quite. ❄❄❄
At this very moment, I can’t even see past our front yard because the winds are so high, blowing the snow in every which direction, and all you can see is white, almost like a very thick fog. Quite challenging for the guy that’s going to have to go out there and clean up our driveway…
…who clearly wants no part of it since he’s still inside the house, playing cards with the kids.
Aaaanywhoooo, I made us another crock pot winner!
This amazing Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff has been on my site for a few years, since 2011, but I never promoted it because the darn pics were so dang ugly! Pretty sure no one was going to try to make a dish that didn’t look edible. But, now that my photography skills are getting better, I present to you a pot of Stroganoff! ***applause***
I know Stroganoff is SO retro, buuuuut, I don’t care ’cause it’s SO GOOD! Right? Creamy, a bit tangy, filling, and happy tummies all around.
For the reason that my other half likes beef only in steak form and nowhere near a pot of pasta, I make Stroganoff with Chicken, and it’s honest to goodness, really, really good.
Also? I don’t bother with browning the ingredients beforehand. I just throw it all in the crock pot and let it go…let it go, can’t hold it back anymoooore… let it go, LET IT GOOOO, turn away and slam the door! (I am totally one of those people that, when you say a certain word and I’m reminded of a song, I sing it! So annoying, I know!)
But yeah. I did exactly that. I placed all the ingredients in the slow cooker, turned it to LOW, and went to Starbucks.
I came back 30 minutes before it was done, added in the egg noodles, waited until all was cooked through, and that was it. Din din was ready.
A last stir of sour cream, even yogurt, will give it that distinct Stroganoff flavor, and you’ll be ready to feed that beautiful family!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 large yellow onion , sliced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 8- ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1- pound skinless , boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 cup reduced sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine* (see notes for substitutions)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Lightly grease a 6-quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- Combine onions, garlic, mushrooms, and cubed chicken in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper; mix and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk to combine chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, wine and flour; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour broth mixture over chicken in the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Add bay leaf and cover with a lid.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 4-1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through; stir in egg noodles and continue to cook for 30 minutes, or until noodles are thoroughly cooked.
- If cooking on HIGH, cook for 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through; stir in egg noodles and continue to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until noodles are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.