I know what you want. I know what you are craving. Something cheesy, right? I knew it!!
I need to warn you, though. It’s about this Cheesy Chicken Orzo.
Better yet, I need to tell you the truth! Hope you can handle it.
Wait. Before I go into anything, did you read that title? It says Cheesy + Chicken + Orzo. Um. Those words, together in a title… that’s love, baby. That’s my kinda love.
So. Down at the bottom, in that little recipe box, I am going to write that this tasty, creamy, cheesy deliciousness serves 4. BUT! Come on. Lets be reals.
We know that serves 4 means serves 2. Right? I’m not alone in this. Right?!
Who are these infamous “4” that are able to eat so little?! I feel like a cow when a serves-4-recipe served only one – me! Heeeey, don’t judge! It was a pizza. A Chicago deep dish pizza from Lou Manati’s. How do you stop at a slice?! You don’t! You just go on and on, then undo your pants and keep going. Man, that was a good day…
The point is this:
If you are trying to exercise some type of self-control-low-cal-portion-size-thingamajigger, then you might have to skip this recipe. But, you shouldn’t. You should just go into that kitchen and make it and eat it and love it. This is incredibly tasty, it will make everyone fight for the last bite, and it comes together in minutes… <—- I say that a lot.
Open wiiiiiiide! NOM! 😀
Cheesy Chicken Orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat until done; about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and stir in the orzo.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until orzo is tender.
- Put the orzo back in the pot and stir in the cheese, butter, and 1/4 cup milk; add more milk if needed. Continue to stir until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
WW SmartPoints: 11