Layer of delicious chocolate topped with a crunchy cashew and hazelnut toffee mixture.
Friiiiidaaaaaay! Time for nutty chocolaty chocolate!
Um. Also? I thought it would be nice to remind you that Christmas is 5 days away. (!!!) Go ahead, freak out. I just did.
Also, are you really seeing this chocolate bark? I’m shocked because I thought I ate all of it. I’m not sure how I finally gave up on inhaling it all just to take a photo of said bark.
Wanna talk about something even more shocking? I recently realized that I will never, EVER, everrrr have another Christmas Break ever again. Technically, I haven’t had one since 2001 – I just HAD to finish college. Nerd. Should’ve just taken my sweet ol’ time, but noooooo, I wanted to break freeeeeeeee! Go to work from 9 to 5. Make my own monaaaay! Dork.
Moral of the story, if you’re still in school, stay in school. It’s the only way that you can have a Christmas Break, Spring Break (MISS IT!), Summer Break, even Fall Break! WAAAAAAAH! I hate you! I mean, I love you, I’m just jealous. ‘Tis all.
So. Do you like toffee? Or is chocolate bark your thing? I wasn’t ready to give up on either one, or make one of them feel less wanted, therefore I put them together and we lived happily ever after…
Well. I lived. Them? Not so much.
This bark, or toffee, or toffee-bark, is all kinds of amazing. For reals. It’s sweet, it’s salty, it’s creamy, it’s crunchy, it’s chewy, it’s sticky, it’s it’s it’s! So much better than just… bark. Or just toffee.
Let’s go combine some sugar and butter and bring to a boil. We should probably chop up some nuts before we do that, though. Or don’t chop them – I sure don’t. Just make sure you’re not gifting this chocolate bark to your Grandma, the one that chews Freedent gum. 😉
Cashew and Hazelnut Toffee Chocolate Bark
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet red and green colored chocolate chips (you can use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips if you can't find the colored ones)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup cashews , coarsely chopped
- 1 cup hazelnuts , coarsely chopped
- 1 stick butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Line a 9x9 brown pan with foil extending over the edges of the pan.
- Lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Combine all chocolate chips and layer on bottom of prepared pan.
- Sprinkle pecans on top and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet combine cashews, hazelnuts, butter, sugar, and corn syrup.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture clings together and turns golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture over chocolate chips and pecans and spread it evenly.
- Let stand until completely cooled.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan.
- Break it into pieces.
- Store covered.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.