Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers – A delicious mixture of broccoli, cheese and rice stuffed inside colorful bell peppers. These amazing stuffed peppers have all the comfort and flavor you want, with the bonus of veggies and cheese!
Hi-Hi! First things first, Happy Sunday! Gotta LOVE Sundays! I honestly can’t get enough of them. Sleeping IN is the BEST part.
Can I just tell you that I spent my Saturday-hours on watching an “Intervention” marathon? Yep, I did… and all I have to say is, Ohmahgah. People. Whoa. I cried the ugly-cry from beginning to end.
Also? I am all caught up on Married at First Sight. That one also deserves an oh.mah.gah. And a what the??? Like, seriously? I thought the whole dating-thing was the FUN part in a relationship… no? My husband and I had a blast!
In the middle of all the tv drama, I again made one of the best meals ever this winter. It is still winter, right?
Don’t look at the calendar… the 28-degree weather is enough to tell me that mother Winter is still hangin’ with us.
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers. Uhm, yum!
My obsession with broccoli is massive. I can’t eat it plain and raw, I admit, but steam it up and I’m ready.set.go!
Of course, I love it wee bit more when there’s cheese all over it. Or Ranch!
But, quinoa is good, too… Yes, bell peppers, as well… But, ♥ Ranch & Broccoli ♥
SO I made this recipe 500 times (exaggerating) over the course of 2 or 3 months. One, I really enjoy things like eating my way through couple hundred peppers stuffed with broccoli, and two, I wanted to make sure I really liked the recipe before I shared it. Turns out, me likey a lot!
Really though, there’s nothing to this. Make some rice – MINUTE Rice is fine with me – clean out some bell peppers, grab the cheese, get the broccoli and GO! 35-minutes, give or take.
This is also the ideal recipe to serve to those little ones that HATE “green trees”. Chop up the broccoli real well and they will never, ever know. Muahahaha!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers , halved and seeded
- 2 cups cooked rice (you can use white rice, brown rice, etc...)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion , diced
- 1/2- cup diced yellow bell pepper
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4- cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2- cup mixture of both shredded cheddar and white cheddar , for topping
- dollops of low fat sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place halved bell peppers in a lightly greased baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare the rice according to the directions on the package. You will need about 2 cups prepared rice.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat.
- Add onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chopped peppers and season with salt and ground pepper; continue to cook for 3 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add broccoli florets and cook for 2 minutes, or until broccoli is fork tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Place cooked rice in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli mixture to the rice.
- Stir in milk, cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, chili powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and parsley; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Divide mixture evenly between peppers, packing the mixture tightly into the hollow pepper shells.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese; bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand few minutes.
- Top each pepper with a dollop of sour cream and serve.