Asian Chicken Noodle Soup – A flavorful and delicious twist on the classic Chicken Noodle Soup featuring ginger, teriyaki sauce, egg noodles, and colorful vegetables, and it’s ready in about 30 minutes!
All I can think to say is, slurp slurp slurrrrrrp! I LOVE this Asian Chicken Noodle Soup!!
Hi YA! Happy Happy DAY! Did you know? It’s official… today is the FIRST DAY OF FALL! Boom! Pumpkins, and lattes, and soups may now reign over the world! And if you decide to wear tall boots on this 86-degree weather day, it’s all good. You are allowed to do so because it’s officially Fall.
Oooookay, we need to discuss. I’ve got a pile here of egg noodles swirled together with chicken and veggies that I’d like to talk to you about, today. I only ask that you do a raise-the-roof gesture with me because this chicken noodle soup is all-that + a tall shot of sake (sah-keh) to go with it.
This soup happened to me because I honestly could not get the awesome smells, eggy noodles, and crunchy veggie-wonderfulness out of my head after an amazing dinner at one of my favorite noodles-everything restaurants. And ever since, I just want a noodle-party up in this house all around the clock.
I absolutely love fancy pants recipes, but real life food is where it’s at, and in real life, we take one pot + chicken + noodles + veggies and make amazing things like this.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- All I am going to ask you to do here is heat some oil, throw in onions, garlic and ginger;
- fill it up with broth, water, and chicken, and let it go.
- A little while later, you will drop in the veggies and noodles, and feel super proud for making your own chicken noodle soup from scratch. Sprinkled with Asian flair.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 green onions , sliced into rounds, white parts only (keep green parts for garnish)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups low-sodium fat free chicken broth (I use Pacific)
- 1 pound skinless , boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 6 ounces lo mein egg noodles
- 2 carrots , sliced into thin rounds
- 1 green bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 bag (5-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- sriracha/hot sauce , to taste, optional
- Heat vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Increase heat to medium high and add water and chicken broth.
- Add chicken breasts; stir in teriyaki sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce to a simmer, and continue to cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove the cover and transfer chicken to a cutting board; let cool for a minute, then shred it.
- Add the noodles, carrots and peppers to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the noodles and veggies are just tender.
- Stir in the spinach and shredded chicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve with hot sauce (optional).
WW Smart Points: 4