Apple Cucumber Green Tea – Sweet and refreshing morning drink prepared with apples, cucumbers, chilled green tea and exotic spices.
Shake, stir, and sip up your breakfast with this flavorful Apple Cucumber Green Tea. You won’t miss that smoothie, I pinky-swear!
Have you ever tried a spicy drink? The kind that gives you that extra oomph in the morning? It’s kind of incredible. This Apple Cucumber Green Tea perks me up, wakes me up, and is responsible for the extra energy that I have every day, bright and early.
Thank you, McCormick®, for sponsoring this post! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Also? According to the experts over at McCormick®, one of this year’s signature trends is wellness drinks, such as our green tea concoction here.
In the food world, it can be difficult to navigate through all the food trends and fads, but thanks to the McCormick Flavor Forecast® team, we now know that Drinks for Wellness is one of the key trends in their 2018 Flavor Forecast. Breakfast [spicy] boosts, mid-day snacking soups, and end-of-day sips are the new movement.
If you have never tried a spiced-up drink, or are resistant to doing so, don’t be! It really does just perk you up. That is all.
In this Apple Cucumber Green Tea, I decided to give our drink a bit more life by adding in McCormick’s® Ground Ginger, McCormick’s® Crushed Red Pepper, and McCormick’s® Ground Turmeric.
No joke, McCormick’s crushed red pepper, ginger and turmeric are the ideal squad in this delicious sipper.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CUCUMBER GREEN TEA
- We’re going to start with brewing some green tea and then chilling it.
- Dicing up a green apple and a cucumber is our next move. Once finished, transfer the fruit to a small pitcher or carafe.
- Next we’re going to juice a couple of clementines/mandarines and pour into the pitcher/carafe with the fruit.
- Finally, a stir of our spices, honey, and chilled green tea will complete this invigorating creation.
Basically, if you can brew up a cup of tea AND chop up some fruit, you can definitely prepare this Apple Cucumber Green Tea. I suggest to make it at night, chill it, and sip it up in the morning.
For more information about McCormick® and their annual Flavor Forecast, please visit their WEBSITE. You can also follow McCormick® on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
WATCH HOW TO MAKE APPLE CUCUMBER GREEN TEA
Apple Cucumber Green Tea
- 4 cups brewed green tea, chilled
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, washed, cored and diced
- 1 large cucumber, washed and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh clementine juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon (plus more for garnish) McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- clementine slices, for garnish (optional)
- Brew 4 cups of green tea and set aside to cool down completely.
- Combine diced apples and cucumbers in a 6-cup pitcher or carafe.
- Stir in clementine juice and honey.
- Add crushed red pepper, ginger, and turmeric; stir until well combined.
- Place in the fridge and chill over night.
- Pour prepared drink into a glass, garnish with a slice of clementine and crushed red pepper.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
11 comments on “Apple Cucumber Green Tea Recipe”
This tea is really light and refreshing!
Nice flavor combos, but the instructions aren’t complete. You never add the tea to the carafe as written!
I’m sure mos people could figure it out, but if you need detailed instructions: I’d brew the green tea first, and add the honey to the hot tea (stir until dissolved), then set it aside to cool. Next, prep your fruits/veggies and put in pitcher as written, but next stir the citrus juice (this would work fine with any citrus juice, lots of cool combinations possible here!) and the spices *into the tea* stirring until well combined. Finally, pour tea mixture into the pitcher over the produce. Chill for several hours to fully meld the flavors before drinking.
It will be much easier to do the mixing in this order. (Source: years of professional culinary production)
This tea sounds amazing! Refreshing, delicious and gorgeous presentation too! 🙂
Wow! This is incredible!
I really love the flavor combination of this drink! So refreshing and delicious!
I could always use a boost in the morning. Have to try this!
I am going to have to try this soon! It looks amazing!
This will wake you RIGHT UP! It’s like a bracing slap upside the head….wake up and get going, people! I LOVE IT!
This is the perfect fresh drink! I love green tea!
This tea looks so refreshing! I will be making a glass this afternoon.
This tea sounds so refreshing!