Apple Cucumber Green Tea – Sweet and refreshing morning drink prepared with apples, cucumbers, chilled green tea and exotic spices.
Have you ever tried a spicy drink? The kind that gives you that extra oomph in the morning? It’s kind of incredible. This Apple Cucumber Green Tea perks me up, wakes me up, and is responsible for the extra energy that I have every day, bright and early.
Thank you, McCormick®, for sponsoring this post! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Also? According to the experts over at McCormick®, one of this year’s signature trends is wellness drinks, such as our green tea concoction here.
In the food world, it can be difficult to navigate through all the food trends and fads, but thanks to the McCormick Flavor Forecast® team, we now know that Drinks for Wellness is one of the key trends in their 2018 Flavor Forecast. Breakfast [spicy] boosts, mid-day snacking soups, and end-of-day sips are the new movement.
If you have never tried a spiced-up drink, or are resistant to doing so, don’t be! It really does just perk you up. That is all.
No joke, McCormick’s crushed red pepper, ginger and turmeric are the ideal squad in this delicious sipper.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CUCUMBER GREEN TEA
- We’re going to start with brewing some green tea and then chilling it.
- Dicing up a green apple and a cucumber is our next move. Once finished, transfer the fruit to a small pitcher or carafe.
- Next we’re going to juice a couple of clementines/mandarines and pour into the pitcher/carafe with the fruit.
- Finally, a stir of our spices, honey, and chilled green tea will complete this invigorating creation.
Basically, if you can brew up a cup of tea AND chop up some fruit, you can definitely prepare this Apple Cucumber Green Tea. I suggest to make it at night, chill it, and sip it up in the morning.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
WATCH HOW TO MAKE APPLE CUCUMBER GREEN TEA
Apple Cucumber Green Tea
- 4 cups brewed green tea, chilled
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, washed, cored and diced
- 1 large cucumber, washed and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh clementine juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon (plus more for garnish) McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- clementine slices, for garnish (optional)
- Brew 4 cups of green tea and set aside to cool down completely.
- Combine diced apples and cucumbers in a 6-cup pitcher or carafe.
- Stir in clementine juice and honey.
- Add crushed red pepper, ginger, and turmeric; stir until well combined.
- Place in the fridge and chill over night.
- Pour prepared drink into a glass, garnish with a slice of clementine and crushed red pepper.