Make these adorable Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups filled with Salted Caramel for your next Holiday gathering.
Hey, wanna eat cookies?! Of course
I you do!
Today calls for chocolate chip cookies and caramel. Know why? Because I have a list of cookie recipes that I’ve already baked and I need to share them with you asap. Besides, they are all preeeeetty awesome! It’s also cookie season and you and I need to milk that reason while we can.
The cookie drawer in my freezer is bursting at the seams. Did I just say cookie drawer in my freezer?! Why, yes, yes I did! My goodness, I just can’t stop bragging… Yes, I spent some cashola and got me a fancy fridge with freezer drawers… lucky me! Must be the reason why I’m still chillin’ with a hand mixer…
I’ve got Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Nutella Cookies in there, I also have a dozen of those delicious Chocolate Creamy Cookies, a few dozen Peppermint Raspberry Chocolate Oreo Cookie Balls, and a couple dozen Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies. Hm? Looks like I’m addicted to chocolate. YESSSS! Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate! ‘Tis the Season, baby! Hopefully by next week they will all make it to their intended eaters… I’m not making any promises.
But even after all of that food, last Monday I woke up and my caramel-cravings kicked into high gear. I was like, um, dude, slow down, let’s see what we’ve got in the fridge. Process of elimination showed us (yes, my cravings fit into the whole “us” thing) that we didn’t have anything with caramel, but we found refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough and a few bags of wrapped caramels. SCORE!
In case you have never given cookie cups a try, you need to change that today. It’s just cookie dough shaped into a bowl… That is all. No rocket science behind it. Bake it, cool it, fill it. Your cravings = satisfied.
- 1 package (16-ounces) refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (I use Pillsbury's)
- 1 (14 oz.) bag Caramel Candies, unwrapped
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk.
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 24 mini-muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- Press a tablespoon of cookie dough onto bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan.
- In the meantime, prepare caramel.
- Combine caramels, butter and sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until melted, stirring constantly; about 5 minutes.
- Spoon caramel into cooled cookie cups.
- Top each cookie cup with desired amount of kosher salt.
Recipe Source: Diethood