Moist, rich, and delicious dark chocolate cake perfect for any occasion!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY FRIENDS!!!
AND what a way to start it – with free money and a cake!!! Is there any better way to enjoy the beginning of the New Year?! NOPE!
To make this celebratory message more complete, imagine that there’s a really cool gif right above this sentence with sparklers and stars and noisemakers! (I wish I was a graphic designer…)
On this night, given the choice between staying at home and going out, I always, always choose OUT! At this moment, I am partying it up with my husband and friends, sending off 2013, and ringing in 2014 with a bang! I may also have my fingers stuck to a Dom Perignon bottle…
What’s better is that I even have 2 slices of this Black Magic Chocolate Cake waiting for us when we get back home!! Diets do not start on the 1st of January – leave that for the 2nd. On the 1st of January you have to eat “good luck” foods – round foods, like, cakes, cookies, and doughnuts! These treats are often enjoyed on New Year’s Day as their shape signifies that the old year has come to an end and the New Year brings a fresh start.
With that said, this cake is the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted. A moist
Anywho. About that giveaway! $100 Target Gift Card! Scroll down and enter!! GOOD LUCK! And again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I can’t wait to spend another 365 days with you!! XO
- butter for pans
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brewed strong black coffee
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag (12-ounces) semi sweet chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. You should have a thin batter.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove cakes from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Place whipping cream and butter in saucepan and cook over medium heat to just a boil.
- Pour cream mixture over chocolate; whisk vigorously until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove from fridge and stir; refrigerate about 1 more hour or until spreading consistency.
- Spread about ¼ to ⅓ of frosting on one cake layer; top with the other cake layer and spread frosting on top and sides of cake.
- Cut and Serve.
Ring in the NEW YEAR with a $100 Target Gift Card!
Today the sponsors and friends of A Night Owl are joining up to bring you an amazing $100 Target Gift Card Giveaway! Now you can get that item from your wish list that you didn’t get for Christmas! Enter today via the Rafflecopter form below!
Open in the USA and Canada.
Ends at 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, January 8th, 2014.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: This Target Gift Card Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents ages 18 and over and ends at 11:59pm EST on January 8th, 2014. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. Number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Approximate retail value is $100.00. One winner will be selected. This is a giveaway sponsored as a group buy, which means the bloggers pooled their money together to purchase this product for you. All liabilities and responsibilities with product is directly responsible by Target. Winner will drawn by random.org from all verified entries, contacted by email provided, and announced on this page at the end of the contest. Winner has 48 hours to respond or prize will be redrawn. Entrant is responsible for the email address they provide, whether through typing it directly or through the Facebook entry method. A Night Owl is not responsible for lost or misdirected emails. All prizes will be awarded. No prize substitutions allowed. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and we hereby release Facebook of any liability. Information is provided to A Night Owl, not to Facebook and your information is never sold or shared. Facebook and Target are not a sponsor of this giveaway. Prize is mailed or emailed directly by Kimberly Sneed of A Night Owl and requires confirmation of delivery. Protected tweets do not count as an entry method for tweeting. Tweets must come from a public account. Bloggers in this group giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.