Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee – Saltine Crackers covered with sweet toffee, melted white chocolate and beautiful, tart cranberries.
Oh, HI, there, you guys! Happy Monday!
Wanna know what I’m doing? Shopping! Online. It’s my favorite game. I fill up my “cart” and I almost never hit “checkout”.
Do you do that, too!? It’s a fun game to play with your brain… let it believe, if just for a second, that you’re going to buy out Pier 1. And Crate & Barrel. AND a Home Cleaning Service!
I should probably go back and add a vacay to that shopping plan. I really need one of them things.
Oh. My bad. I’m supposed to talk about this amazingness before you.
Have you reached through the screen, yet? I’m about to!
Can you define self-control? Want to tell me about it?? I could use a hint or two after the demolition of this toffee that happened here few short days ago.
Other than sippin’ on Bambus these past two weeks, and trying not to look like a lush, I’ve also been stuffing my face with lots of this Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee.
In some parts, a version of this toffee is called Christmas Crack. You know why?! BECAUSE this stuff is addictive! There’s no stopping. You just keep going back for more, even when your stomach tells you that you’ve had eeeenuff!
However, my version of Christmas Crack, inspired by the Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks, is kind of better than the original, and I’m not just saying that. Well, yes, I am, but it’s my blog, so, I can do that. (Right?)
Honestly? This toffee is some serious business. It’s finger lickin’ – lip smackin’ – mouth droolin’ – WOW!
The whole thing about cranberries and white chocolate on top of salted crackers and sweet toffee makes my heart sing. It’s kind of brilliant.
But I really am looking forward to the batch that won’t go to my hips and instead, it will finally make it to someone’s Christmas Stocking.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Time to make the toffee, right?! Hey. Your family will love you for it!
Go grab them Saltines and let’s do this! Don’t be scurred. This is sooooo easy to make. Just follow my direction and you’ll be fine. In 15 minutes, give or take, you are going to be one happy camper.
Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee
- 40 Saltine Crackers (about 1-1/2 sleeves)
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 bags (12-ounces each) white chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bag (5-ounces) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Arrange the saltines, one next to another, in a single layer; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and light brown sugar; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; continue to cook, stirring frequently, until it turns a caramel color; about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour over the crackers.
- The crackers will start to move around; use a rubber spatula to set them back in place.
- Bake in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly.
- In the meantime, set up a double boiler and combine chopped chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the top bowl.
- Melt the chips, stirring constantly, until most of it has melted but remove from heat while a few lumps are still present. The chocolate will continue to melt while you continue to stir it.
- Remove crackers from oven.
- Pour HALF of the melted chocolate over the crackers and smooth it out with a knife; let stand 1 minute.
- Slowly pour the rest of the melted chocolate and smooth it out again using a knife or an offset spatula.
- Add dried cranberries on top.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until cold.
- Break up into pieces.