Coffee and Chocolate Almond Toffee – Quick and easy homemade Toffee with almonds, pretzels and coffee. No need for a Candy Thermometer!
Hello, pals! Happy about-to-be-the weekend!
It’s Friday and I’m doing the Friday dance. It’s kinda like the Carlton, but without Tom Jones. And WITH ‘NSYNC! I’m singing, “Will You Be My
girlfriend [Boyfriend]” to JT. ♥
Also? I found out that you DO NOT make-up your own lyrics when singing Santa songs around the kids. Lemme tell you…
You would not believe the tantrums that happened here when I decided to sing Jingle Bells my way. I mean, it’s not MY way. You know the one:
Crashing through the roof
In a one-horse open tree
Busting out I go
Laughing all the WHEEEEEE!
Then I continued;
Jingle Bells Grandma smells…
As soon as I said, “Grandma smells”, my older one LOST IT! She started crying and asking me, “How could you say that about BABA (Grandma)?? I LOVE HER! She’s YOUR MOM!!!”.
Um. WHY didn’t I just stick with the good ol’, “Batman smells”??
You guys, I tried SO HARD to keep a straight face, but I couldn’t. I laughed as she cried. I tried explaining to her that it was a parody song, but she wasn’t having it. I WISH I was smart enough to get it all on video.
Now we can discuss Toffee and all its glory! All it takes is a whisk, some sugar, and lots o’ butter. Chocolate and Coffee, for good measure. Almonds and Pretzels, too.
Can I be honest? I am ALL about the Christmas desserts, but not all about Christmas Cookies.
I can’t believe I just said that out loud. It’s just my truth. Don’t be mad.
This thick, crunchy, chewy and oh-so-sweet Almond Toffee is my kind of Christmas-food.
It’s simple, it’s festive – delicious, of course – and it doesn’t require a candy thermometer. phewwww!
It’s about time we get down to it, wouldn’t you say? GO clock-out of work (do people still literally “clock-out”?) and pick up some shugah and buttah on your way home.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Come back tomorrow – I have something special for YOU!
Coffee and Chocolate Almond Toffee
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons or 1 cup) butter, cut up in cubes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , chopped
- 1/4 cup pretzels , chopped, for topping (optional)
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan; cook over medium-heat, whisking constantly for 8 minutes.
- Stir in almonds and pretzels; continue to whisk and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and espresso powder.
- Immediately pour the toffee into the previously prepared pan.
- Let stand 2 minutes, then sprinkle with chopped chocolate; spread evenly to cover the entire surface.
- Sprinkle with crushed pretzels, gently pressing into the chocolate.
- Let stand 2 hours, or until completely cooled.
- When the toffee has hardened, break it up in pieces.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.