Turkey Meatloaf Wellington – Delicious and extremely flavorful Turkey Meatloaf wrapped in flaky phyllo dough sheets.
Hey, you guys!! How’s your Saturday going? I hope you’re on the couch with your feet up, watching a marathon of your favorite show. Or a movie. Spongebob ain’t bad, either.
Wanna talk about meatloaf?? GOOD!
Better yet, here’s what we’re going to do. Instead of reading my ramblings, you are going to hop over to SheKnows and get the recipe for this super delicious Turkey Meatloaf Wellington. Trust me, this is the best of the best. Creme de la creme! Flower of the flock!
No, really, this Turkey Meatloaf Wellington, wrapped in layers of buttery and flaky phyllo dough sheets, delivers on that comfort-food taste. No one will ever guess that this home-cooked, delicious classic is a lightened-up version of everyone’s favorite, meatloaf!
Turkey Meatloaf Wellington
Delicious and extremely flavorful Turkey Meatloaf wrapped in flaky phyllo dough sheets.
Servings : 4 Serves
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 16 phyllo sheets
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey, diced onion, salt, pepper, thyme leaves, parsley, panko crumbs, eggs and milk; mix until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Lightly grease a jelly roll pan or line pan with parchment paper.
- Layer 8 pieces of phyllo sheets on the prepared pan, brushing each sheet with the melted butter before adding the next.
- Spoon half of the turkey mixture down the center third of phyllo dough to within 1 inch of ends.
- Fold up short sides to enclose filling.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 11
Calories: 532 kcal | Carbohydrates: 49 g | Protein: 37 g | Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 9 g | Cholesterol: 174 mg | Sodium: 913 mg | Potassium: 542 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 595 IU | Vitamin C: 3.9 mg | Calcium: 106 mg | Iron: 4.3 mg | Net Carbs: 47 g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Did you make this recipe?Leave a Rating!