Turkey Meatloaf Wellington – Delicious and extremely flavorful Turkey Meatloaf wrapped in flaky phyllo dough sheets.
Delicious and extremely flavorful Turkey Meatloaf wrapped in flaky phyllo dough sheets.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 16 phyllo sheets
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey, diced onion, salt, pepper, thyme leaves, parsley, panko crumbs, eggs and milk; mix until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Lightly grease a jelly roll pan or line pan with parchment paper.
- Layer 8 pieces of phyllo sheets on the prepared pan, brushing each sheet with the melted butter before adding the next.
- Spoon half of the turkey mixture down the center third of phyllo dough to within 1 inch of ends.
- Fold up short sides to enclose filling.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut and serve.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 11