Quick and easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe tossed in an incredible peanut sauce. A great weeknight dinner idea that’s full of flavor!
Say HELLO to all these flavors of LOVE! And, would you like some chicken with that peanut sauce?!
Hi Ya! It’s a happy day here at Diethood Headquarters because today’s post is sponsored by Hellmann’s and their new and pretty amazing Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread.
Let me translate that for you; It’s the rich, creamy taste you expect from Hellmann’s®, but free from cholesterol, eggs, and artificial colors and flavors.
You know when you find/taste/make a recipe that just sings its song to you so nicely that you just can’t help but want to get home for dinner and make it again? How it’s borderline inappropriate but you would even call OFF a coffee date with your besties solely for said food? That’s this.
Here’s the deal. If you (me) can’t eat a perfectly high piled chicken burger because, CARBS, what ARE you going to do with it? That is the question, and I’ll help you with the answer: You’re going to eat lettuce wraps and you’re going to love them because they are every.thing.
From the savory chicken, peppers, onions, to the crunchy, beautiful peanuts and toppings, to the creamiest tangy sauce that goes over the top and straight onto the fresh lettuce leaves? The same leaves that you will fold up like a taco and finish off in 3 bites? OHMYGOSH. I wish this was dinner, again.
The flavors in this thing just rocked my world. Lime, the dressing, the peanuts, peanut butter, SRIRACHA, garlic, oiyyyy! It’s all so darn good. The perfect combination of tangy and creamy and super fresh and crunchy. Don’t judge me. This is something that you will want, as well.
I also made the sauce three times, trying it with hot sauce and without, with Hellmann’s and without, buuuut – WITH for the win!
P.S. My dad said he would happily drink it up.
Scouts honor, this is the best tasting Dressing and Sandwich Spread I’ve ever had. The texture is silky and rich and the taste is exactly like your favorite Hellmann’s. No joke. You will never know that it’s not mayonnaise. Pinky promise.
I hope you’ll give these wraps a try this weekend—they’re crunchy and fresh, creamy and spicy, and best of all, they are a complete meal that don’t require a lot to make. Invite your family to the table, pour some wine and ENJOY!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2- cup Hellmann's Carefully Crafted Dressing & Sandwich Spread
- 1/4- cup Natural Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 limes , juiced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red or orange bell pepper , diced
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast (I always get a rotisserie chicken for this recipe)
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 1 cup halved and thinly sliced red onions
- 4 to 5 basil leaves , cut into thin ribbons
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- sesame seeds , optional
- peanuts , optional
- In a small bowl, combine Hellmann's Dressing, peanut butter, sriracha and lime juice; mix and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add diced peppers and cook for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in green onions; cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in red onions, basil and HALF of the prepared peanut sauce.*
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf.
- Add sesame seeds and peanuts.
- Drizzle some of the peanut sauce over each prepared wrap.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Thank you, Hellmann’s, for sponsoring this post! All opinions are always 100% my own.