Spinach Quiche – Make this easy Spinach Quiche with your favorite pie crust and serve it for a special breakfast or brunch!
OR QUICHE! You say tomato I say tomahto! Whatever you want to call it, it’s still one of the best and quickest dishes out there.
When I have a few things left over in smaller batches, I almost always blend them together and make a savory pie – meat, spinach, chicken, veggie, etc… add a few eggs, make a crust, and voila! After making the Stuffed Cannelloni the other day, I was left with a couple of cups of spinach and a bit of crumbled feta. I was also running low on whipping cream and the eggs were two days from expiration. Since I can’t bear to throw away food, I had to use them up. As I was going through my Google Reader, I saw a recipe for a Spinach Quiche over at Thyme In Our Kitchen and I was ready to go. Thanks for the inspiration, Matt!
I served it with my homemade yogurt and the flan dish was emptied within minutes. I had none because I am still Fasting – few more days to go. On January 7th (Eastern Orthodox Christmas) I will eat like I’ve never seen food before. 🙂 And wait till I introduce you to my Christmas Dinner – traditional Macedonian dishes; Selsko Meso, Sarma, Kompir, Pogacha, Ruska Salata, Makalo, Taratur, Torta, Kosteni. This will all make sense once I post the recipes and the pictures on my blog.
- 1 bag (8-ounces) fresh baby spinach, cooked
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- You will need to make your pie crust first. Please see how to make the perfect pie crust HERE. You can also use store-bought pie crust.
- Take the chilled dough, roll it out and press it into the bottom of a 10-inch flan dish.
- Prick it with a fork all around, and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl and add in the whipping cream, beat well.
- In a separate bowl blend together the spinach and your cheeses.
- Stir the spinach mixture into the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and pour the egg mixture into the prepared crust.
- Put the pie in the oven for 60 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Allow it to cool for a bit before serving.