These Rocky Road Chocolate Fudge Bars are made with fluffy colored marshmallows and walnuts covered with rich milk chocolate. It’s an easy homemade candy recipe perfect for the holidays!
AN EASY HOMEMADE FUDGE RECIPE
Remember what you were doing on December 22nd, 2012? That’s what I’m doing right now. It’s January 4th, 3 days before Christmas, and I’m just a tad bit short of losing my mind. In the meanwhile I’m wiping runny little noses and soothing irritated throats. The joys of the season.
However, back in the kitchen there’s also quite a show; from cookies to pastries, from smoked meats and sausages to soft pretzels, it can all be found right here at this very moment. ‘Tis the season, and I do love it. I always wish it could last a little longer… ‘Cause I’m too lazy to take down the Christmas Tree. 😉
But, speaking of cookies, I had to add another no-bake favorite to the blog; Rocky Road Chocolate Fudge Bars.
These little gems are for the lovers of Rocky Road, for the lovers of crunchy, creamy, sweet, and for the lovers of chocolate … Yeah, this chocolate fudge is for all of us.
For this recipe, I used walnuts and marshmallows to add to the chocolate. I have seen and tasted similar bars or cookies with peanuts in place of the walnuts, and gelatin in place of sweetened condensed milk. The variations are there, but I like this recipe for Rocky Road Chocolate Fudge Bars the best. They are as soft as pillows, but the walnut provides a sweet crunch, just enough to add to the texture of the bar.
Rocky Road Chocolate Bars
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) colored miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter , room temperature
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9 square baking pan with wax paper, leaving a 2 inch overhang on opposites sides.
- Mix the marshmallows and walnuts in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, butter, and chocolate chips in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a buttered spatula.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Using the wax paper overhang, lift out of pan and place on a cutting board.
- With a sharp knife, cut into bars, cleaning the knife blade in between cuts.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.