Warm, rich, delicious bite-size Pecan Sticky Buns filled with brown sugar and topped with pecans.
I’m gonna do it again… I have to. I just have TO! Please excuse me…
I LIKE sticky BUNS and I can not lie! This girl won’t even try to deny… That when a bun walks in with a sticky glaze and a pecan in yo face – you get sprung!
I can sing that song, from beginning to end, in my sleep… and the Fresh Prince song. This is how you can tell that I am a child of the 90’s…
I think I was probably about 11 years old when Sir Mix-A-Lot came on the scene. My dad made sure to stop me from listening to that song when one day he heard me singing at the top of my lungs, I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE… I was SO loud! And I was shakin’ it!! I honestly had no idea what I was singing – I just liked the song!
But, my dad was like, “Ummmm…you like what?!?”
Me: Big Butts, Dad!
Me: Wrong answer?!
Dad: Yep. No TV and no radio for the rest of the weekend.
Whatevs! I started listening to Sinead O’Connor later that week and he told me she was too depressing and to stop listening to her songs, too! He was strict. I should’ve just listened to Elvis and The Beatles; he would approve of that for sure!
What does any of this have to do with Pecan Sticky Buns? Nothin’.
But, there is something totally exceptional about my sticky buns. They’re done in 30 minutes, from start to finish. And they are just as sweet and as sticky as those other ones that take hours to make. They’re not as tall and fluffy, but if you need a sticky bun right this minute, this is your recipe!
I made them in a mini muffin pan thinking that I would trick my brain into eating less, but that didn’t work. I had to give the second batch to my husband so that I wouldn’t attack it. I had no idea how good these treats would turn out. As soon as I took the first bite, I flew to my fridge to pour myself a glass of milk and enjoy 4 more sticky buns. They are amazing! I’m also partial to pecans. Add a pecan to anything sweet and I am game! I love the flavor and I really, really love the texture. I know it’s just a pecan, but it’s good!!
I would say make these this weekend, but because they are so easy, I am going to tell you to make them right away. Like, now! Imagine that in 30 minutes you will be biting into a sweet, gooey, cinnamony, bite-sized bun… YAY!
- 24 pecan halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , plus more for sprinkling dough
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter , softened
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease two mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Place a pecan in each muffin cup, top side down; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center and pour the cream into the well.
- Fold and stir with a rubber spatula until soft dough is formed.
- Leave dough to rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Lightly flour your working area and turn out the dough.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll the dough out to a rectangle to about a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Grab the soft butter and, using your fingers, spread it over the dough.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the dough with a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle prepared sugar mixture over dough.
- Starting at the short end, roll the dough tightly and gently stretch to lengthen the roll.
- Cut the roll crosswise into 24 buns.
- Place each bun into a muffin cup, cut side up.
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve immediately.
Inspired by Alice Medrich, Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy
WW SmartPoints: 3
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy