Easy, quick, and delicious One Pot Ranch Chicken and Rice! Ranch flavored chicken cooked in one pot with rice and spinach. A hearty dinner idea the entire family will love.
ONE POT CHICKEN AND RICE
Hey Hi! *waving* to you from my beautiful homeland! Vacation has been great and I never want it to end. ☀️
Have you been following me and my adventures on Instagram Stories?! Well, you should be! 😉 It’s a beautiful place and there’s so much to see. Hop on over there – you’ll find out what I’m talking about.
Did you notice what else we have here today? A one pot ranch chicken dinner with rice! It’s back ON! I love my one pot ideas that kind of just come together after a couple times of tweaking. The ranch thing was accidental, but buoy was I glad it found itself in there.
I should probably stop (obsessively) eating chicken drenched in ranch dressing, but at least the ranch is homemade… right?!
Get my recipe HERE Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Anyhoooow… this is
Fast? Easy? Adaptable? Simple? Delicious? Yep, this ranch chicken is all of that!
It starts with a homemade, super tangy-delicious buttermilk ranch that you just mix up in a bowl in five seconds flat and smother all over some skinless and boneless chicken thighs.
It is also arborio rice and spinach added to the same pan and soaking up all the juices, and OH MY GOODNESS!!! Things just went to the next level.
40-ish minutes in the pan and we get THIS ⤵
It’s a hard job, all this dinner-eating, but I’m willing to fight the good fight. Let’s carry on, warriors!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX! FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
One Pot Ranch Chicken and Rice
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and smother on both sides with ranch dressing.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet; add chicken thighs and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes; stir in garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add in chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in rice and arrange chicken over rice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is done and rice is tender.
- Gently stir in spinach.
- Remove from heat and serve.