One Pan Risotto with Garlic Herb Tilapia – Delicious, garlicky tilapia set over a flavorful bed of rice, all baked to a creamy perfection!
Flavorful garlic, herbs, and lemon add a pleasant taste to this colorful, satisfying one pot meal with tilapia and rice.
Hi there internet pals! I’ve got an amazing piece of fish heaped over a pan of deliciously creamy, warm risotto, and it’s ready for you to print the recipe and make it! I think you’ll be surprised when you see how ridiculously easy it is to make.
I’m trying not to totally lose my face over this beautiful rice dinner, but it’s not just the rice. It’s the FISH. It’s that delicious Garlic and Herb Tilapia that I can’t get over.
On one of my very recent 3-hour long clean-the-fridge-out escapades, I came across 3 forgotten scallops, 2 chicken thighs, and 4 pieces of Tilapia. Without much hesitation, I grabbed whatever fresh herbs I had, I also grabbed some garlic, a pan, and was on my merry way to make dinner.
Now let me tell you a bit about how to use this wonderful piece of fish to create one very exciting dinner.
This one pan risotto came to me because I honestly could not get the garlic & herb flavors out of my head. I wanted to make something quick, mess-free, but of course, it had to be delicious and something that everyone would eat.
HOW TO MAKE RISOTTO WITH GARLIC HERB TILAPIA
To get started on this one pan risotto deal, I am going to need you to grab some arborio rice + Tilapia fillets.
I will also ask you to chop up an onion, get some fresh rosemary, and throw it all together in a pan with the rice.
Vegetable broth and milk will also join the party before finally seasoning the fish and setting it over the rice.
Only thing left is to cook it in the oven for about 25-ish minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and fish has browned on top.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
One Pan Risotto with Garlic Herb Tilapia
FOR THE TILAPIA
- 4 fillets Tilapia
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
FOR THE RICE
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse the fillets and pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, butter, garlic, Italian Seasoning, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper.
- Rub the herb mixture over each fillet and set the fish aside.
- Over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick skillet that is also oven-safe.
- Add chopped onions to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; stir in garlic and continue to cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in rice, rosemary, and paprika; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth, milk, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook for 4 minutes.
- Arrange prepared Tilapia over rice and continue to cook for 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve immediately.