No Bake Skinny Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits – Delicious layers of lightened-up creamy and lemony cheesecake filling, sweet granola, and a homemade blueberry sauce.
Today is my birthday AND I made us a dessert!!
Hi ya, friends! Yes, yes, it really is my birthday, and before you ask, I am 21 for the umpteenth time… 😉
#thisis30 <<< also a lie.
Let’s just say that I’m basically getting closer to the point where I will soon start to say things like, “age is just a number”, “doesn’t matter how old you are, it’s all about how you feel”, “I may be older, but I’m still young at heart!”… you know what I’m sayin’.
But to be completely honesssst…? Today I WILL enjoy a full-fat, calorie-loaded piece of cake while sipping on my Mojito on the beaches of Punta Cana! Yasss, gurrrl! I’m on a plane right now and dreaming of what life will be in just a few short hours. You can follow me on Instagram for some beach-fun insta stories.
About them skinny cheesecakes, though. Do you know what happens when you mix oats with dates?! Magical crust. that’s what. Forget the honey graham crackers and trust me on this one ’cause it’s so dang good.
Continuing on with these blueberries… oh man, you have to get in on this with me. All we have here are some gorgeous blueberries mixed with a bit of sweetener + lemon juice. It’s all you will need to make that beautiful blueberry ribbon around these delicious cheesecake parfaits.
I think this recipe is most successfully made with a stand mixer and patience. I let that baby run for about 15 minutes because I was impatient and didn’t wait for the cream cheese to soften. My fault, completely, but that’s why you’re smarter than me and will probably know to take out the cream cheese couple hours beforehand, and into the bowl it will go with some yogurt and agave until completely smooth and sweetened to your liking.
They’re skinny-er cheesecake perfection and totally crossed off the list until the next time I need a cheesecake fix… likely Sunday morning.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
No Bake Skinny Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup agave or honey (add more if you like it sweeter)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 24- ounces blueberries , rinsed
- 1/4 cup natural sugar sweetener (I use Truvia)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add granola oats to a food processor; pulse to a crumb consistency.
- Add dates and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly divide half of the oats mixture among the 8 dessert jars or dishes; set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl combine cream cheese, yogurt, honey, lemon juice and vanilla; mix on medium speed until completely smooth, about 10 minutes. Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
- Combine blueberries, sweetener, lemon zest and lemon juice in a nonstick pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until juices are bubbly and fruit is tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the blueberries have completely cooled, evenly divide 1/3 of the blueberries among the 8 dessert jars.
- Top with half of the cheesecake mixture; add another layer of blueberries and the remaining oats.
- Add the rest of the cheesecake mixture and top with the rest of the blueberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with granola oats and mint leaves.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.