Sometimes I feel like I am a Mommy, and that I should do Mommy-things.
Oh. Wait. I am a Mommy. It’s these skinny jeans I’m wearing. They confuse me. Wearing something other than yoga pants made me feel like I was here, but 10 years ago.
Well, about those Mommy-things – I made Easter Rice Crispy Treats with my 3-year old, Ana. I let her stir the cereal, spread the chocolate, and throw around a bunch of candy. Baby girl was in baking heaven. She even helped me unload the dishwasher. If we keep up with this, she will be able to take over kitchen duties in the next 2 years. Thank heavens!
In the last year she and I hung out a few times in the kitchen right before each Holiday; we spent some time in there for Halloween and made these Jack O’ Lantern Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Then, right around Christmas, we also made Christmas Cookie Pops. She was thrilled! The end product is always such a joy.
And, as if I couldn’t get any more excited about hanging out with her in the kitchen, I have discovered that she and I can also make killer Rice Crispy Treats! These little gems are really easy to throw together and you can make them with any candy combination you can imagine. Then, just grab an egg-shaped metal cookie cutter and cut away! Do you have a bunny cookie cutter?! That’s even better!! Lucky you!
You know what surprised me about these treats? Honestly, they were the best rice crispy treats I have ever made. Seriously. I could not keep my hands off them. I think the white chocolate just sent them over the top. Or the jelly beans. Oh, maybe it was the milk chocolates!
Now you will have to pardon me while I go and polish off the two rice crispy treats that I hid from Ana. I put them on top of the kitchen cabinets. I hope they are still there.
Grab the kids, go into the kitchen, and make these. I think you’ll agree that these are the bestest Easter Rice Crispy Treats you have ever made.
Easter Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 tub (7-ounces) Marshmallow Creme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1 bag (12-ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- jelly beans , miniature marshmallows, pastel candy corn, chocolates, etc, for topping
- Coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray and line with seran wrap; set aside.
- Combine marshmallow creme and butter in a large saucepan and cook on low until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in the cereal and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a greased spatula, press mixture into prepared pan.
- Set aside.
- Set up a double boiler; pour a small amount of water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Put the chocolate chips, butter, and milk in a glass or metal bowl and set above the saucepan with simmering water; it is important that the bottom of the upper pot does not touch the water in the lower pot.
- Use a spoon to stir the chocolate until it's melted.
- Spread the melted white chocolate on top of the cooled cereal.
- Decorate with candies, chocolates, marshmallows, etc...
- Using an egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the treats and serve.
- You can also wrap them and place them inside Easter baskets.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
These Easter Rice Crispy Treats were featured in the Create & Inspire Party!