Delicate homemade crepes filled with a silky and delicious coffee mascarpone cream. Learn how to make these crepes and have them come out perfectly every time!
Looking for more crepe recipes? Try these crepes with blueberry sauce.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of PAM Cooking Spray.
Guys! I put up the Christmas Tree! EEEEK! It’s right behind me, all shiny and bright!
I’m also listening to Christmas Carols!! I’m SO excited! Dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh… Oh, I feel complete!
Speaking of things that make me feel complete… let’s talk Crepes! I love ’em! My love for crepes is so deep, they have become one of my go-to comfort foods.
I called my mom the other day to ask her a question or two. I wanted to get the inside scoop on her crepes-recipe because she’s sort of a pro. Hands down, she makes a mean crepe! As we were talking and discussing her recipe, she says, “…and don’t forget the “pehm”…”. Now, before I continue, you need to know that my Mom has a really, really deep Macedonian accent. She rolls her R’s, and her “the” sounds like “duh”. She says things like, “honestly Gah” instead of “honest to God”, and “Arthur Itis” instead of arthritis.
So, naturally, I asked her to repeat herself and, again, she said, “don’t forget the PEHM!”. What is pehm, Mom? She shouts back, “the tall, yellow tube…PEHM!” Do you mean PAM?!? “Yes, Katerina! Pehm!!!” lol 😂
Now that we got that all sorted out, I do agree with her that if you want that perfect crepe, the one that won’t stick to anything BUT your lips, PAM is your girl. If you want your crepes to turn out right the first time, especially during the holiday season, PAM Cooking Spray is where it’s at. According to my mom, “Pehm” is all you need.
How to Make Crepes
Whisk together flour and salt.
Combine milk, eggs and oil.
Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Lightly grease a large nonstick frying pan, or a crepe pan, with PAM cooking spray and set over medium heat.
Add 1/3-cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of pan.
Cook until edges of crepe curl-up and underside of crepe is golden brown; about 2 to 3 minutes.
Flip the crepe and continue to cook for 30 to 45 seconds, or until lightly browned.
Remove crepe from pan and repeat with remaining batter.
Coat pan with cooking spray in between each crepe.
Keep crepes covered
A couple of years ago I was going to serve baked cinnamon doughnuts for our Christmas breakfast, but the unthinkable happened. My doughnuts stuck to my NON-STICK doughnut pan. I was furious. I mean, you can imagine, right? It’s Christmas morning and my promised doughnuts turned into crumbs! For my second attempt I used PAM cooking spray and the doughnuts popped right out. Such a relief.
PAM has seven non-stick cooking sprays to help you succeed every time you cook or bake. With PAM on your side, this holiday season can be one filled with celebration, delicious food and success in the kitchen…the first time around!
Crepes with Coffee Mascarpone Cream
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- PAM Cooking Spray
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and oil.
- Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Lightly grease a large nonstick frying pan, or a crepe pan, with PAM cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add 1/3-cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of pan.
- Cook until edges of crepe curl-up and underside of crepe is golden brown; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the crepe and continue to cook for 30 to 45 seconds, or until lightly browned.
- Remove crepe from pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Coat pan with cooking spray in between each crepe
- Keep crepes covered
- In a large mixing bowl, stir espresso into 1 tablespoon water until coffee dissolves.
- Add cream, mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat until filling is thick and smooth.
- Spread the Coffee Mascarpone Cream inside each crepe.
- Roll or fold the crepe and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.