Creamy Spinach and Feta Cheese Tortilla Wraps – A deliciously creamy mixture of cheeses, peppers, spinach and feta wrapped in a flour tortilla.
You’re staring at my (current) favorite lunch!
Halloooh friends! Happy Sunday! How are you doing!!??!!
GOOD NEWS – I’m still here!! And so is this extra delicious Tortilla Wrap!
BAD NEWS – Burnout is REAL! And so is the struggle!
Between homework (kindergartners shouldn’t have homework, but I’ll shuddup…), soccer practices, soccer games, strep throat (wtH?!), MY job, laundry (UGH!), ironing (UGGGGGH!!!), birthday parties…
car riding, lunch providing, mama confiding, toy dividing! Girrrrl!!! I’m tired!
Can someone just bring me a shot of vodka?! And Hawaii to my backyard? Mmmkay, thanks!
So, in other news, girl still gotta eat!
Let’s just state the obvious right now: everything spinach and feta all the time! Because a mixture that is made creamy with insanely flavorful ingredients and wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla – that’s the kind of wrap that I want to be besties with for forever and more!
HOW TO MAKE SPINACH AND FETA TORTILLA WRAPS
The trick to these wraps is quite simple. Gather all your ingredients before starting. In fact, that’s what you should always do – all ingredients should be in front of you before turnin’ up the fiyah! I think that’s written in like the cooking law book or somethin’. It’s called mise en place. I’m not kidding, either. 🙂
Next, you will need cheese. Any objections to that?! OF course NOT!
Then you will need bendable flour tortillas (THAT struggle can also be real), and an oven. A skillet and a baking dish, too. Yeah, this is not a one pan thank you ma’am deal, but it’s too delicious and you’ll beg to use more than one pan. When Creamy Spinach and Feta Cheese Tortilla Wraps call your name, you set all else aside and you follow, more than one-pot-meal and all. It’s therapeutic.
Also?! This is a great recipe to freeze and make in advance. Make it tonight and bring it to work with you in the morning!
Also, also?!? Thanks for listening, reading and following along and not judging me for being (extra) dramatic today. Mwah!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Creamy Spinach and Feta Cheese Tortilla Wraps - A deliciously creamy mixture of cheeses, peppers, spinach and feta wrapped in a flour tortilla.
- 4- ounces light whipped cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- pinch of salt
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 to 8 (8-inch) gluten free, low carb or whole wheat flour tortillas, room temperature
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet; add onions and pepper strips.
- Season with salt and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach; season with salt and fresh ground pepper and continue to cook and stir for 3 minutes, or until spinach is cooked down.
- Remove from heat and add spinach mixture to the cream cheese.
- Add green onions and cheeses; mix and stir until creamy and well incorporated.
- Place about 1/4-cup filling onto each tortilla; roll it up.
- Arrange tortilla wraps in the previously prepared baking dish.
- Lightly coat each tortilla wrap with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Cut each roll in half and serve.
- This is a great recipe to freeze and make in advance.
- To freeze, allow the wrap to cool, then store in a resealable bag.
To reheat, microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
WW SmartPoints: 8
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy