Creamy Baby Carrots – Baby Carrots tossed in a delicious and smooth cream cheese sauce.
Hi, guys! Happy It’s-Thanksgiving-Food-Sundaaaaay!!!
I just made that up… but cooked baby carrots are totally Thanksgiving-food. Right?
Also… Guess what I’m doing? I’m eating kettle corn and watching Dateline! Jealous?!
I’m not sure why I get sucked into these shows, but for some reason, figuring out who the bad guy is, makes it really interesting. Also, the narrator’s voice is so suspenseful and soothing – reels me right into the story.
Another thing… I feel like I need to explain the candy wrappers all around my desk.
I finally found the Halloween candy bag that I hid from the kids. And myself, apparently.
Out of all places, I chose to stuff it in the cabinet underneath the sink. For the life of me, I could not remember where I put it. I almost cried for the lost Musketeers and Kit Kats. I could live on those two things. And salads.
How about them carrots?? Are you tired of the same ole boring Thanksgiving carrots? Are you feeling restless and worn out from the mundane carrot chomping? Well, then, replace those carrots with these Creamy Baby Carrots!
They’re so creamy and lemony and garlicky… I kinda love ’em.
I am not a carrot lovah, per say – I am more of a brussels sprouts girl – but hangin’ out with carrots once in a while doesn’t hurt. Besides, they’re good for the eyes. My 8th grade health teacher said so; “Carrots and other orange-colored fruits and vegetables are good for the health of your eyes“.
Those were his words. I choose to believe it. However, adding cream cheese to all that orangeness may alter said fact? I hope not because that’s the only way I like to eat ’em. Or dipped in Ranch. Lots of Ranch…
I should also tell you about how you should NOT use fat-free cream cheese, low-fat cream cheese, 1/3 less fat, yaddi yadda, etc…, to make these carrots. Just don’t do it. I have tried it and it wasn’t a good thing. Plus, you’re putting the sauce over carrots, not a burger – make it creamy, it won’t hurt.
Enjoy your Sunday. ♥
Creamy Baby Carrots
- 1- pound baby carrots
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4- ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine baby carrots and broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cover.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon remove carrots from broth.
- Return skillet to heat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until broth is reduced by a third.
- Stir in cream cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until cream cheese is melted and creamy.
- Return carrots to the cream; toss to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer carrots to a serving plate and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
MORE DELICIOUS VEGGIES: