Coconut Milk and Thyme Braised Chicken is an easy one pot chicken dinner! Cooked in thyme-infused coconut milk and garlic, this is one delicious chicken thighs or legs recipe.
SO yummy-good, I may never go back to grilling chicken, again.
Hello, dear friends! Hello, dear Mothers! Happy Mother’s Day to you all, especially to my own! ❤❤❤ Thank you for EVERYTHING you do!
Also? CONGRATULATIONS, I turned out perfectly!
Can I ramble on just a little more about how motherhood is still totally the hardest job in the world? YET so freakin’ awesomely rewarding!?!
I heard that all my life and it sounded like this, “When you become a mother, blah blah blaaaah blah blah!”. *eyeroll*
But then I became a Mommy and things completely fell into place and everything started to make sense and I pulled my hair out and I kissed the bejesus out of my kids – all of that at the same time.
Okay. About that food…
COCONUT MILK CHICKEN
Here she be! Aint’ she delicious!?
This chicken dinner is the flavor bomb of my life. I am trying to put into words how much I love this combination of coconut milk with thyme + all the garlic. A whole BULB of garlic. Yeah, baby!
Being the person that is in full blown relationship with one pot chicken dinners, it should come as no surprise that this Coconut Milk and Thyme Braised Chicken is the simplest, but most delicious thing ever.
How to Make Coconut Milk Braised Chicken
As things almost always happen, this lovely din din is the result of coconut milk, chicken drumsticks that I forgot to throw in the freezer, and chicken thighs that my other half was crying for. Thyme and garlic? Always necessary.
The deal is, though, that I’m pretty sure you will also fall in love with the rich flavors of this dish! It is OUT of this world!!! Exclamation points are also always necessary.
With only about 15 minutes of prep time, you will have an entire hour after that to let this baby cook in the oven while you shop online for that spankin’ new Yves Saint Laurent handbag. It’s Mother’s Day – I deserve it. I mean you! YOU deserve it!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Coconut Milk and Thyme Braised Chicken
- 4 pounds of chicken pieces (I used boneless chicken thighs and drumsticks)
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 whole garlic bulb , separated into individual cloves and peeled
- 1 can coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a dutch oven or any other heavy pot that is stovetop and oven safe.
- Add chicken pieces to the pot and cook for 4 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 4 minutes or until chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add thyme sprigs and garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk, cover and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove from oven and let stand several minutes.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.