Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Cherries and Cream – Homemade fudgy brownies topped with fresh cherries and sweet whipped cream.
Hi Everyone! I am here, somewhere. Traveling. I can’t wait to get to a place with Wi-Fi, or even a dial-up, so I can let you all know of my whereabouts and doings…
But, while I am away, enjoying my home country, some of my favorite bloggers will be sharing their amazing creations with you.
Hello Diethood Readers,
I am Sandra, author of Sandra’s Easy Cooking, website for simple and affordable meals. I am thrilled to be here and share one easy recipe with Diethood readers and followers.
When Kate asked me to be her guest while she is on vacation I accepted it right away. Her website is beautiful and full of great recipes, and every mom and woman can relate to her..but you already know that:))
The recipe that I would like to share with all of you today is rather easy and very delicious. Fresh ingredients and seasonal fruit.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Cherries and Cream
- 1/2 cup butter softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 2 oz. squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Drop of Lemon juice
- Fresh red Cherries pitted and halved.
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Cream 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 cup of sugar.
- Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Melt remaining butter with chocolate; let cool.
- Beat the chocolate mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in flour, salt, and nuts; blend well.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan, or you can use parchment paper
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting into small squares.
- In a large bowl combine the half and half, sugar, and lemon juice. Beat the cream until stiff.
- In a small trifle or a dessert dish make a layer of brownies, top with the whipped cream, then pitted cherries. Continue with the layering until the bowl is full.
- Garnish with extra whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Enjoy, and I hope you have wonderful summer day!!!!
Thank you, Kate, so very much for inviting me to guest post today; It was a pleasure working with you!