This Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus and Mushrooms is a simple chicken dinner idea ready in only 30-minutes. A delicious stir fry with chicken, asparagus and shiitake mushrooms!
AND a one-pot chicken stir fry meal to minimize the mess!
HI YA! How are you, my friends?!? I’ve gone missing, I know. I had to take a break.
Well… I didn’t HAVE to.
Or wait. Yeah, I did.
This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS. Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
My kids are on Spring Break and I was FORCED to also take a break because there’s no working when the whiny 4 year old and screaming 7 year old tag team you…
…precious little gals.
On the bright side, we had cereal for dinner thrice this week, and mangoes for breakfast, lunch, and all in between. #winning
ALSO? I’ve got your dinner for tonight! Meet a fast and super easy chicken stir fry dinner with asparagus and ‘shrooms.
Wanna know what’s SO special about this chicken stir fry? The sauce, boo! The secret is always in da sauce.
- Soy Sauce
- STAR Natural Rice Vinegar ⤵⤵⤵
HOW TO MAKE STIR FRY SAUCE
This rice vinegar is sweet, it’s salty, it’s acidic, and it’s just perfect for recipes with an Asian flair.
Blending exotic flavors and textures for a delicious Asian-inspired meal is way easier than you might think, and this chicken stir fry speaks to that.
Okay, BUT! My favorite part of this meal?! The one that can’t be ignored? The asparagus!! I love that veg way too much. And here’s the thing: when you pair asparagus with shiitake mushrooms, it’s kind of wild. In a good way. The textures and flavors all work together resulting in one happy mouth and tummy.
GRAPESEED OIL FOR STIR FRY
I’d also like to tell you that I used STAR’s Grapeseed Oil in place of vegetable oil here, and guess what?! It was awesome! Grapeseed Oil is recommended for high heat cooking, which is how we prepare a stir fry, and it has very little flavor, allowing the flavors of the food to stand out.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STIR FRY
I’d now like to ask you to grab your wok or a big skillet and get on this. As always, don’t worry about time because this will come together in 20 to 25ish minutes with prep time. It’s a matter of tossing the chicken with cornstarch, cutting up the veggies, and making some sauce on the side.
When all is said and done, you’ll find yourself standing above the wok with a fork-in-hand and just going at it.
No? Just me?!? Ah well. Food straight from the skillet tastes so much better. Try it!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 1/4- cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons STAR Natural Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons STAR Grapeseed Oil or vegetable oil , divided
- 1 large yellow onion , sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 8 to 10 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 pound asparagus spears , cut into 2-inch pieces and ends trimmed
- Cooked rice , for serving (optional)
- Prepare the sauce by combining soy sauce, rice vinegar, agave nectar, ground ginger, and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl; whisk until well incorporated and set aside.
- Combine chicken pieces and cornstarch in a bowl; mix to combine and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a wok or a skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and add chicken pieces; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked and browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet, cover and set aside.
- Return wok or skillet to heat and add remaining oil.
- Add onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook and stir for 20 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms and asparagus to the wok and stir-fry 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are softened and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir the sauce and pour it over the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in previously prepared chicken and cook for 30 seconds or until heated through.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve over prepared rice.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.