Carrot and Zucchini Noodles in Light Alfredo Sauce – Quick, easy, and healthy dish with carrots and zucchini “noodles” tossed in a light alfredo sauce. Fresh and delicious!
My love affair with zucchini noodles – ahem zoodles – continues. WITH carrots, too!
Hey-lo! How are you, buds? Hope you’re having a wonderful summer, still! For me, if it involves outdoor dining with my beautiful sister and besties, PLUS a couple of wine glasses, it means I am having the time of my life. Doesn’t take much to satisfy dis girl. Food and drinks and family and friends = life.
…I should probably put family & friends before food & drinks…
Ah, well. Let’s continue to discuss them food pleasures, though.
Clearly, my zoodles-craze continues.
Are you totally sick and tired of seeing noodles of zucchini? #sorrynotsorry. No, really, I’m not even a little bit sorry because this Carrot and Zucchini Noodles in Light Alfredo Sauce is about to become the best veg-thing you’ve ever had!
Weeeeell, that’s until the next time that I post a recipe and then THAT ONE will be the best thing you’ve ever had.
I didn’t really know where I was going with this while I was making it, or what was going to unfold, but all I knew at that first-bite-moment was that I needed to make it again and give it to my blog-people.
Speaking of YOU. Have you bought yourself a spiralizer? Do it. Like, now. You’ll be surprised how much you might end up using it. There are so many veggies that you can work with and they all taste pretty amazing. I have a few recipes to get you started, if ya didn’t know.
Anyhow. I’m allll over this thing. The sauteed carrots and zucchini noodles, the creamy, lightened up alfredo, the bursts of tomatoes and fresh basil! It’s all in there and it all goes very, very well together. I didn’t think alfredo sauce would pair well with zucchini, but it proved me wrong, and it tastes delicious.
One thing that I must admit – as a meal, this will feed 2 people. Unless you spiralize like 8 zucchini and 5 carrots. Which you definitely can, and that will most likely feed 4, maybe 5. But I didn’t do that because I have two little girls that would rather eat dirt than chomp on zucchini… Fools.
What’s more is that if you have a vegetable garden, this recipe is about to help you with using up some of that amazingness – carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, and basil! I got all 4 from my mom’s beautiful garden and I couldn’t be happier. Fresh, natural, sweet, crunchy… I could go on and on.
And a light alfredo sauce to cover the entire thing with more flavor?! Does it get any better? Nope.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Carrot and Zucchini Noodles in Light Alfredo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 zucchini , washed, dried and spiralized
- 3 large carrots , washed, dried and spiralized
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese , plus more for topping
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the spiralized zucchini and carrots and cook, tossing often, until slightly softened but still crunchy, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a colander and let drain at least 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until the garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add the flour and continue to cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk; cook, whisking constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the cream cheese and parmesan cheese; whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer zucchini mixture to plates and top with prepared alfredo sauce.
- Top with a sprinkle of parmesan.
*Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
PESTO ZUCCHINI NOODLES AND SHRIMP
CREAMY RICOTTA ZUCCHINI NOODLES
8 comments on “Carrot and Zucchini Noodles in Light Alfredo Sauce”
hii, I was looking for a fast and filling dish and this was it!! I loved how it turned out and i was really surprised by how much i liked it. 100% recommend
Just made this and it was great. Like the lower calorie Alfredo and more veggies. Super colorful.
I’d totally devour that plate right about NOW.
These noodles look so light and luscious.
Helloooo, gorgeous!! I want a gigantic plate of that right now!
This is not only gorgeous but beaming with fresh flavors! I am so IN!
Oh yum! I absolutely love alfredo just not all the calories! Thanks for sharing!
Loving this lightened up alfredo! Yum!