What is the best thing about Fall? Fall coffee drinks!
What is the best thing about Winter? Winter coffee drinks!
I am a coffee addict. IF my morning ever starts out without a cup, don’t talk to me. And I will risk being late to anything *anything!* just so I can have that last drop of coffee.
Doctor told me to cut down on caffeine while I was pregnant last year. That sucked. I limited myself to one cup in the morning. But the strong kind. Turkish Coffee. One cup and you’re good to go for a few hours.
What happens after the few hours? You find a way to make your own Decaf gourmet coffee just so you can enjoy that coffee taste.
I loaded up on these Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Lattes while I was pregnant. I mean looooaded. I would make one every day at around 3 pm. Decaf. And Skinny. I was already bursting at the seems, so I opted for a lighter version.
When I first set out to make one I of course went to Google, but I didn’t like what turned up; Peppermint extract. What? Where do you get peppermint extract? It took me 2 years to find lemon extract! No, I don’t live in BFE, but seems like vanilla extract is the only thing we are extracting out here.
So the next best thing? I bought some crushed peppermint and hoped that it would melt in the steamy hot milk! It worked!
If you ask me, and I’m not biased at all, I think my Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Latte rocks! I’m having one right now as we speak. Errrr, write! read!
- ½ cup strong brewed hot coffee or a shot of espresso
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint (or crush some candy canes)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Brew strong hot coffee and pour ½ cup into your mug; set aside.
- Pour the milk in a safe microwavable cup or glass.
- Add in the chopped chocolate and the peppermint.
- Stir and cook in microwave for one minute, or until the milk foams towards the top; watch it closely so it doesn't spill over.
- Take out the cup and stir, making sure all the chocolate has melted.
- Put back in the microwave for 20 to 25 seconds, or until foamy.
- Pour the milk mixture over the brewed coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream.