Gluten Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies: Decadent and fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies made with creamy Cashew Butter, Zucchini, cocoa, and chocolate chips.
Hey, pal! *waving*
We’re back in the weekday-mix, again.
How is it Monday, already?!
I know you agree that we need a day between Sunday and Monday. Like a pre-Monday day. How cool would that be? We can use that day to prep for Monday. Sundays should be about naps and chocolate, only. God said so. Even HE napped on the 7th day.
I got caught up in the day to day stress-thingamajigs lately. It’s mostly due to babies growing up and clueless Mommy growing up with them. This stuff ain’t easy, you know? They really should come up with a step-by-step handbook for this child-rearing stuff. Make it effortless and everything.
At least we can all come here at the end of the day and discuss food.
Every time I decide to make brownies, I try really hard to change my mind. All of this chocolate can’t be good. Can it?
So, instead, umm… I made you brownies with zucchini. Just so we could have the best of both worlds. Is that cool??
I also found a way to use up the jar of cashew butter that’s been chillin’ in the pantry for over a year.
In fact, there are so many things going on in these moist, fudgy, chocolaty treats from the heavens. I was beside myself when I first tried them. SO GOOD!
To be completely honest, I sorta feel like I trashed up what could have been a healthy bite… but, to be honest again, I just couldn’t help it.
In reality, I want nothing more than to dive into this pile of squares, face first. These brownies are/were out of this world.
I stood there, right above the kitchen counter and stuffed my face, shamelessly. I then placed the remains in a container and gave them to my husband to take to work.
They were supposed to be for the kids. #momfail again.
Here’s what to do if you’re currently dealing with an abundance of zucchini – make thy brownies. If you have a lot (A LOT!) of zucchini?? Double the recipe. Triple it. You’ll be glad you did. Buh-lieve me.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 jar (12-ounces) Creamy Cashew Butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine zucchini, cashew butter, honey and egg; mix for 30 seconds or until thoroughly combined.
- Add baking soda, cocoa and vanilla; continue to beat until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into previously prepared brownie pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut and Serve.