This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Mom’s One Pot Oven-Baked Risotto with Lamb Chops Recipe – A super easy, yet stunning one pot meal that the whole family will love! AND the whole thing bakes in the oven, in just one pot!
Bonus? THIS is the perfect dish for your Easter dinner. Or lunch. Brunch? whatev. Just eat it.
Heeeey, friends! What’s going awn? How are you? What time did you get up today?! I’m nosy.
I thought it was 9 when I woke up, and I freaked out because I seriously overslept, but it was more like 10, and I DID oversleep, big time!
Missed Church ‘n all. Lord, forgive me. Spring forward is a blessing, but dang, I miss that one hour of sleep, already. ⏰
So, I have evidence. As the title of this amazing food suggests, clearly, it is in my genetic makeup to come up with recipes that include just one pot. This Oven-Baked Risotto with Lamb Chops recipe is my Mommy’s, and it is my favorite dish from her Easter dinner menu.
By the way, I’ve been waiting for-everrr to tell you about this recipe. Like, since I started blogging. HA! However, every year around this time, I get all distracted and side tracked because I celebrate Easter later than all y’alls and preparing lamb chops 6 weeks ahead of Easter?? It just ain’t my thing. That’s the whole truth. This year, I will be celebrating on May 1. That’s a whole lot of time in between. BUT, when you set your mind to it, you’ll get it done. Even if it’s lamb.
I’m no lamb connoisseur, but I love it in this dish because, a) it ensures a thoroughly cooked lamb chop, and b) the risotto is so deliciously creamy, and the result of that isn’t because of my slaving over the stove, stirring it for 30 minutes. Bam!
Let’s focus on point A for a second. I can’t look at a meat that’s only cooked on the outside, and red and bloody on the inside. Just. can’t. If internal temp isn’t above 165F, don’t come at me. Thus, if you’re anything like me when it comes to cooking lamb, this recipe is for you.
Point B. Best thing I ever learned was making risotto in the oven. My mom makes risotto quite often and she has a lot of tricks for when it comes to creating that perfect risotto texture. Her suggestions, among a few, includes using ONLY Arborio Rice, pure olive oil, and using heavy cream. I didn’t follow the latter and went with skim milk, but it still worked out perfectly.
In as far as the olive oil, I went with my favorite – STAR Original Pure Olive Oil. Made from fresh pressed olives with a milder flavor than Extra Virgin Olive Oil, this is a great everyday, all-purpose cooking oil. You can get yours HERE.
Doesn’t that look amazing!? It would probably be an excellent idea for me to make it again, right now. But it would also be an excellent idea for you to make it, asap.
One, it’s a stunner, and two, it just is really dang good. Creamy, well seasoned, and a little different than your usual Easter lamb chop dinner. Besides, it comes with its own side dish.
Whether your Easter dinner menu is elegant and sophisticated or simple and casual, this dish will fit right in!
STAR Original Olive Oil available at select Walmart, Target, Safeway, Albertsons, Bashas, Stater Bros., Food 4 Less, Raley’s and Save Mart stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Mom's One Pot Oven-Baked Risotto with Lamb Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons STAR Original Pure Olive Oil , divided
- 1-1/2 pounds bone-in shoulder blade lamb chops (about 5 to 6 lamb chops)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt , or to taste
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme , leaves only
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rub each of the lamb chops with a little bit of STAR's pure olive oil and season with seasoned-salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet that is also oven-safe.
- Add lamb chops to skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer lamb chops to a plate and set aside. Do not pour out the oil/drippings.
- Add butter to the same skillet and melt.
- Add chopped onions to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; stir in garlic and continue to cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in rice and thyme; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable broth, milk, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Arrange lamb chops over the rice and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 8 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.