Chunky Chicken Salad Cups

Chunky Chicken Salad Cups | www.diethood.com | A refreshing chicken salad mixed with pickles, mushrooms and sour cream | #recipe #memorialdayrecipes #salad #chicken

Welcome, Sunday! My favorite day of the week! Until 5:00 pm rolls around and I remember that Monday is only a few hours away… then, Sunday, I don’t like you as much. Thorry. But, tomorrow most of us are off, so I will like you for an added few hours!

Hey, Friends! What’s going on?! How’s your weekend going?

My weekend would be WAY better if this weather would just behave. Barely 60 degrees and it’s almost June. Unheard of! And it better not rain on Memorial Day! I seriously don’t feel like moving my grill inside. No, I don’t have a plan B. If it rains, the grill is coming with me. Inside.

The only thing I have already prepared are these Chunky Chicken Salad Cups. They are sittin’ pretty in the fridge ready to be devoured. I’m surprised my husband hasn’t attacked them, yet. He always does. I guess this time he really listened. YAY for hubby!

Chunky Chicken Salad Cups | www.diethood.com | A refreshing chicken salad mixed with pickles, mushrooms and sour cream | #recipe #memorialdayrecipes #salad #chicken

You know how I love appetizers, right? You didn’t know?! Oh gurrrl, I looove me some apps. I could live on ’em! I’m especially fond of those appetizers that can be made with leftovers. Few years back I made this particular Chicken Salad with some leftover chicken breasts. For some odd reason, chicken, pickles, mushrooms, and sour cream sounded SO good to me, and no, I wasn’t pregnant. But, I am so glad I did go with the idea because this salad is heavenly! It’s creamy, it’s crunchy, and incredibly tasty.

In fact, when I go to a BBQ, this is the salad that I am asked to bring 90% of the time. The other 10% is reserved for dessert.

If you have some time, make it for your BBQ party! I’m pretty sure you’ll love it!  I am also sharing this recipe with the uber-talented Kim from A Night Owl Blog

BUT, before you do that, you need to enter this awesome Giveaway for a $100.00 Gift Card to YOUR CHOICE of World Market, Target, Homegoods or Anthropologie! GOOD LUCK! GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED!

Share Post on Pinterest

CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.

WATCH HOW TO MAKE CHUNKY CHICKEN SALAD CUPS

 

Chunky Chicken Salad Cups | www.diethood.com | A refreshing chicken salad mixed with pickles, mushrooms and sour cream | #recipe #memorialdayrecipes #salad #chicken

Chunky Chicken Salad Cups

Katerina | Diethood
Chunky chicken salad mixed with pickles, mushrooms and sour cream.
5 from 1 vote
Servings : 8
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 7 mins
Total Time 22 mins

Ingredients
  

  • 12 Wonton Cups
  • 2 cups shredded , cooked chicken breast, cooled
  • 1 cup chopped marinated mushrooms (you can also use canned mushrooms or fresh, sauteed mushrooms)
  • 1 cup chopped baby dill pickles
  • 1 tub (8 oz.) sour cream

Instructions
 

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Grease a 12-cup cupcake pan with baking spray.
  • Place wonton wrappers in prepared cupcake pan.
  • Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until slightly browned.
  • Prepare the chicken salad by combining all ingredients in a medium-size bowl; mix well.
  • Fill baked wonton cups with chicken salad.
  • Serve.

Nutrition

Calories: 123 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 23 mg | Sodium: 499 mg | Potassium: 95 mg | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 0 g | Vitamin A: 245 IU | Vitamin C: 0.5 mg | Calcium: 159 mg | Iron: 0.7 mg | Net Carbs: 8 g

Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.

Did you make this recipe?Take a pic and let us know how it was!

Categories:

Ask a Question or Rate this Recipe

Your email address will not be published.

Recipe Rating




64 comments on “Chunky Chicken Salad Cups”

  1. Avatar photo
    Shadi HasanzadeNemati

    I love how easy this recipe is and how you use sour cream instead of tons of mayo! I love my chicken salad with sour cream, too!

  2. Can anyone tell me if the wonton cups get soggy with the chicken salad in them? Thinking of making them for a get together tomorrow night, but it seems like if I made them ahead of time the cups would get soggy.

    1. Katerina - Diethood
      Katerina Petrovska

      Hi Sue! If you leave the chicken salad inside for too long, the bottoms will definitely get a bit soggy. If possible, I would just wait to fill the wonton cups with the chicken salad until it was a bit closer to serving time.

Scroll to Top