This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, olives, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Grilled Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs Skewers – Juicy grilled turkey meatballs stuffed with olives and feta! Makes a delicious dinner, but are also great served as an appetizer, too!
I always welcome the opportunity to make kabobs! Err. Skewers! Err. Whatchamacallit.
Especially when there is guests to be served and backyard games to be played.
HI, you guys! How goes it? Nice to see you! Always. These Grilled Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs Skewers are for you! Wanna know why? Because it’s Summer and I am going to make a wild guess and say that you love your meat, and you love it on your grill. Right? Me, too! 🙆
Wanna know what else I’m thinking about today? I’ll tell you anyways! 😉
My sister is on her way, currently somewhere above the Atlantic ✈, to spend the summer with us! 🙋🙋🙋Cannot wait!
We only see each other every other year for a few weeks, if we’re lucky. She lives in Macedonia, I live in the good ol’ USA, and that kinda makes it tricky to be together whenever we want. Damn it. 😬
So, when one has a guest coming from close to the Mediterranean, what does one do? Makes Meditteranean inspired food because, you know, she doesn’t get enough of that on the daily… oops. Tomorrow, I’ll hook her up with french fries and a burger. 😄 Until then, Kjofte it is, AKA, meatballs.
But these turkey meatballs are more than just delicious. There’s so much texture and flavor going on in these babes because they are stuffed with feta and STAR’s Reduced Sodium Pimiento Stuffed Olives.
These olives have 30% less sodium than STAR’s regular Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, and they are so, so delicious. They’re firm, but slightly tender with a subtle smokiness, and are packed with sweet minced pimiento.
But, there’s also green onions in here, and parsley, and garlic, and seasonings… too many things all in one bowl make for SO-GOOD-FOOD.
Bonus? These Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs have the potential to be uniquely flavored every time you make them based on what’s striking your food fancy that day.
For the skewers, you will only need some colorful bell peppers cut into little 1-inch wide strips, but you can also use whatever fresh veggies you have sitting around. What’s more is that these guys are made on the grill, and take about 12-15 minutes to cook. Then, while all that is happening, you will go and make my very favorite garlic yogurt dipping sauce and try not to slurp it all up before the meatballs are done.
STAR EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Grilled Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs Skewers
FOR THE TURKEY MEATBALLS
- 1 pound ground turkey meat , 95% lean
- 1/3 cup plain panko crumbs or plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped STAR Reduced Sodium Pimiento Stuffed Olives
- 2 green onions , cut into thin slices (trim the tops and ends and discard)
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
FOR THE SKEWERS
- 8 to 10 bamboo skewers
- green , red, and orange pepper, cut into 1-inch squares (I use the mini bell peppers)
- Heat a grill to medium-high.
- In a large mixing bowl combine turkey meat, bread crumbs, feta, olives, green onions, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and egg; mix well to combine.
- With moistened hands, shape mixture into 16 meatballs, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Thread the meatballs and peppers alternately onto skewers.
- Lightly oil the grates of the grill.
- Place the meatball skewers on the grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating about every 3 minutes to cook evenly. Meatballs should be just cooked through, but not overcooked.
- Serve warm with Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Recipe Notes***Nutritional Analysis does not include the Garlic Yogurt Sauce.
WW SmartPoints; 5