Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

pin it button Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa
Grilled Chicken with Orange Grape Feta Salsa Diethood Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

Oh! Look at that! Feta!!

I admit. Clearly, I have an obsession. I know… it’s another dish with feta. But, this is different.

Okay. No, it’s not. But, let me explain…

This Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa tells me that I am a full-blown grown up.

Back in my single-digits days, even my teen years, I used to think my parents were carrrrrazy for eating feta with grapes. I thought they were losing their marbles. Koo-Koo, I tell ya!

Every time I saw my mom fixing this salsa, I would cringe and do this annoying ‘ewwwwwwwwwwww’ sound. She wanted to slap me silly each and every time. But, I just couldn’t wrap my head around cheese over fruit. That wasn’t happening. And balsamico to top it off! BLAH!

Fast forward to my 30′s and I’m suddenly eating everything I used to say ‘ewwwwwwwwwwww’ to. Except for watermelon. I will never, ever, ever come near watermelon. Ever.

But here’s the funny. My mom thinks that putting this salsa over grilled chicken is totally ewwwwwwwwwww. She thinks I am now losing my marbles. She wanted to slap me silly when I offered her to try it!

Aaaaanyway.

I’m 95.5% sure that tomorrow most of you will be grilling, and on that grill there will be some chicken. Right?! Or are you the only hot dogs and hamburgers type?

Come on! Throw some chicken on the grill. Live a little!! icon wink Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

And while that’s on the grill, fix the salsa! This dish can be made while you’re singing your heart out to John Mellencamp’s R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.!!!

What? You don’t do that?! You don’t sing when you cook?!? Oh. Honey. We need to talk… I couldn’t possibly cook or bake without singing my heart out while whippin’ up all these lovely, delicious somethings for you all.

Even right now, as I type, I’m singing out loud “Baby, you a song, you make me wanna roll my windows down and cruuuuuuuise!”

Orange Grape Feta Diethood Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

Now, go on. Start belting out some songs and chop up those grapes. And oranges. And onions…

Have fun tomorrow! HAPPY FOURTH! BE SAFE!

♥ U!

follow me on pinterest button Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

Yield: Serves 4

Chicken with Grape Feta Orange Salsa Recipe Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

Grilled chicken breast topped with grape, orange, and feta salsa.

For the Grilled Chicken
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • For the Salsa
  • 2 oranges, peeled, segmented
  • 1 cup red grapes, halved
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 3 basil leaves, thinly sliced
  • freshly ground peppercorns, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Balsamic vinegar

• Heat the grill and leave it on medium-high.
  • Oil the grates.
  • Pound the chicken just enough to even it out; do not pound it thin.
  • Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  • Place the chicken breasts on the grill over direct heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
  • Turn it over and continue to cook for another 8 to 10 minutes; check for doneness. Chicken is done when temperature reads 160°F.
  • In the meantime prepare the salsa.
  • In a mixing bowl combine the fruit, onions, cheese, and basil.
  • Season with freshly ground peppercorns.
  • Add olive oil and toss together.
  • Remove the chicken and let rest for 5 minutes.
  • Top with salsa.
  • Drizzle with balsamic vinegar; use very little, just for taste.
  • Serve.

pixel Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa

20 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Valerie July 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM - Reply

Isn’t wonderful the way our palates change as we…*gulp* age! (Although I still don’t like Brussels sprouts.)

This look fantastic! I’m obsessed with feta too!!

2. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com July 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM - Reply

This is a very beautiful, fresh and colorful salad, Kate — perfect for the 4th!!

3. easyfoodsmith July 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM - Reply

Love the pairing of all the ingredients. I guess 30s does that to you! I too have started eating stuff that I though would never touch my lips. Wonderful recipe and love the beautiful burst of colors and textures.

4. Maria | Pink Patisserir July 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM - Reply

Happy 4th to you too! Beautiful salad, love those flavors. Feta is one of my favorite cheese indulgences!

5. Laura Dembowski (@piesandplots) July 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM - Reply

Happy Fourth to you to :) It’s so funny how our tastes change. I love vegetables I wouldn’t even look at when I was a kid. And I have to try that whole singing and cooking thing.

6. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers July 4, 2013 at 7:07 AM - Reply

Looks delicious! What a wonderful recipe!

7. Ramona July 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM - Reply

What a fun salad! Have a Happy 4th of July!!

8. Nancy R July 4, 2013 at 5:22 AM - Reply

Love the salsa on the chicken Kate. Such a summer dish. Yumm!
    By the way, my hubby hates watermelon too. :-)

9. Missy July 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM - Reply

Great Recipe! Thanks for writing this post!

10. kirsten@FarmFreshFeasts July 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Reply

I’d totally hit that salad. It appeals to me, though I am not as in touch with my single digit self to know if I’d have been all ‘ewwwww’ back then or not.

I know I’ve always loved anchovies . . .

Gorgeous photos, too.
    Thanks!

11. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet July 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM - Reply

This salad rocks!! That is all. :)

12. Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen July 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM - Reply

Mmmm, feta and grapes. I buy that HUGE container of feta from Costco so I’m always on the lookout for recipes calling for it. I have one in my fridge right now. How funny that you don’t like watermelon! Now I want to try and make you eat some :) Haha. This dish looks seriously delicious!

13. I have a lot of foods like that too; stuff I didn’t go near as a kid but that I love now. It’s amazing how our tastes change as we mature, huh. :) Thank goodness for that! Your salad looks delicious…gorgeous…full of sunshine. I love it.

14. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet July 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM - Reply

Talk about healthy! This is a great dish!

15. Denise Browning@From Brazil To You July 3, 2013 at 8:19 AM - Reply

What a fresh, great salad!!! Happy 4th of July, Kate!!! Have fun.

16. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen July 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM - Reply

Pretty salad with fab flavors, Kate! Love that you have stepped outside the box and are doing something different with your photography to mix it up a bit this summer! Beautiful food styling and photography here. Happy Independence Day and have a fun long weekend! xo

17. mjskit July 2, 2013 at 11:24 PM - Reply

What a gorgeous salad! Love everything about it! Have a great Fourth of July!