Raspberry and Lime Soda Lemonade thumb Raspberry & Lime Soda Lemonade

I don’t want Summer to go!! I often think about moving to a seriously warm place. Summer from January to December. Sun and beach all the time.

Then I begin to think about Santa Claus in shorts and the whole idea is shot. Yes, Santa in a suit with red shorts – Sydney, Australia, circa January 2001. Best. Laugh. Ever. Christmas in Australia – everyone needs to experience it.

Another risk would be Holiday food. It just doesn’t taste the same in warm climate. Well, maybe it does, but in my head it is set that it doesn’t.

But before we say bye-bye to Summer, we get to enjoy one last day outside with family, friends, the grill, and a glass of cold lemonade.

Raspberry Lime Lemonade thumb Raspberry & Lime Soda Lemonade

Raspberries and Lemons. I really like this combination. Add a bit of mint and Lime Soda and I’m in love. Pour in some vodka and I’m obsessed!

That’s the wonderful thing about drinks; grab a pitcher, some ice, and let your taste buds lead the way. No measuring, no cooking. Just you and your drink.

But, I kept this recipe clean. No booze. Kid-friendly.

Word of advice… Put some vodka (or Rum) in a flask, then mix it into your glass. Don’t worry. Everyone is doing it.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day!

2012 08 30 0209 thumb Raspberry & Lime Soda Lemonade

Raspberry & Lime Soda Lemonade

Yield: 6 cups

• 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh mint
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 24 oz (2 cans) lime soda, such as Sprite

• Place the raspberries and mint in a pitcher and muddle together. If you don't have a muddler you can use a potato masher.
  • Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until well blended.
  • Serve chilled.

pixel Raspberry & Lime Soda Lemonade

12 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts September 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM - Reply

Love it!! What a perfect drink for the end of summer! I hope you had a great holiday weekend!

2. Anne@FromMySweetHeart September 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM - Reply

Kate…what a sweet farewell toast to summer! I love the combo of raspberries and lemons in drinks, too! But I think I’ll take your advice about that flask of vodka! ;- } Gorgeous photos!

3. Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen September 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM - Reply

I am not ready for summer to be over either..it seems to have went by sooo fast. This drink looks really refreshing! I can’t wait to give it a try!

4. Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen September 1, 2012 at 5:56 PM - Reply

I’m not ready for summer to go either, luckily the warm days stick around for a while longer where I am so I can enjoy it for a bit longer.

5. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen September 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM - Reply

The perfect afternoon pick me up! Hey – so how did you do with preschool?!

• Kate@Diethood September 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Reply

She starts on Tuesday. :/ I’ll let you know how I do. :)

6. Tori @ The Shiksa in the Kitchen August 31, 2012 at 12:11 PM - Reply

So lovely Kate, as usual! A perfect refreshing drink for the end of summer. :)

7. Muna Kenny August 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM - Reply

So refreshing! Love raspberry and lemon combination :)

8. Ramona August 31, 2012 at 9:17 AM - Reply

One word… REFRESHING! Wow it looks great. I love lime anything. :) Have a wonderful weekend~ Ramona :)

9. Kristy August 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM - Reply

I like the mint in this recipe! What a refreshing twist that adds to the drink. Have a great and safe Labor Day weekend Kate! I hope the rain holds off for your BBQs! Cheers!

• Kate@Diethood August 31, 2012 at 10:54 AM - Reply

Thank you! I really do hope that the weather behaves. I don’t get to get out much these days because of the baby, so I am definitely looking forward to spending some time with friends. :) Have a great weekend! xoxo