Shrimp, Chorizo and Corn Skillet – Easy one skillet meal packed with shrimp, tomatoes, corn and chorizo sausage.
This. Is. So. Good. Doesn’t it look SO GOOD?!
HEY! Hi! How do you do? Happy FriYAY! Which, in reality, it actually means that on this day we’re entitled to pizza, movies and a beer. I don’t do beer, but what the heck – the weekend is ah-comin’!
Also, I’m here with some Friday goods because I want us to have a weekend that is equal parts productive, chill, and delicious.
Meet my new summer OB.session; Shrimp, Chorizo and Corn Skillet. Sauteed, flavored, textured and possibly the easiest variation on the classic shrimp boil.
Stepping in the kitchen to make any classic takes confidence and guts, usually inspired by a tremendous craving, nostalgia, and a grumbling stomach. However, knowing that you don’t want to mess up said classic – AKA Shrimp Boil – you go in the easier way and toss it all in a skillet! Oh yes I did. It’s here and it’s delicious.
I’m alllll over this thing. It’s rare for me to make the same meal more than once because, I am constantly making new things, especially for the blog, but this guy had me on my knees, asking for more.
Say what! You don’t like seafood?! Well. This might totally change your mind. A bit time consuming and labor intensive… just kidding!
Just looking at this picture brings back the total mouth party that this meal is. Prepping the ingredients takes less than 10 minutes, and dinner is on the table in about 20 minutes. Win Win.
What is NOT a win-win is that this only fed my husband and I. It should have been enough for 4, buuuuuut, it was too good. In fact, it’s been our porch-meal thrice this month.
Stop, though. May I recommend having a Pale Lager close at hand? Eventually, you will find a balance that allows you to enjoy this truly awesome meal with a completely flavorful beer to wash it down, all while sitting on your porch and loving this summer summer summertime
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 12 ounces large shrimp , peeled
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (you can also use 1 can of corn, rinsed)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 ounces thinly sliced Spanish chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves , divided
- 12 red grape tomatoes , halved and divided
- 12 yellow teardrop tomatoes , halved and divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, corn, green onions, sriracha, garlic, salt, and chorizo sausage.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped basil, 12 red tomato halves, and 12 yellow tomato halves; toss shrimp mixture gently to combine.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add shrimp mixture to pan and cook for 4 minutes or until shrimp turns pink, stirring frequently. Place about 1 1/2 cups shrimp mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 6 tomato halves, and 1 tablespoon chopped basil.
WW SmartPoints: 7
Adapted From Cooking Light
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy