Roast Chicken Stuffed with Garlic and Rosemary Cream Cheese – Easy recipe for Roast Chicken stuffed with a delicious mixture of cream cheese, rosemary and garlic.
Happy Sunday, Friends!! How goes it?? How’s your weekend so far?
Not gonna lie…
…but I spent most of my weekend listening to my 1999 mix-CD appropriately titled, “Summer of 1999”. I danced as if nobody was watching and sang as if nobody was listening.
‘Cept that my daughters were watching and listening… and they joined me! We partied like it’s 1999!
Pun intended. I’m a geek.
And now, I can’t get Livin’ La Vida Loca out of my head, and I can’t stop shakin’ it to Hit Me Baby One More Time.
Suddenly, 90’s music is starting to look better than 80’s music. Is that even possible?!?
Also? This is my workout-CD, as well. During Engrique Iglesias’ Bailamos, I run like a hamster on my treadmill, and rock thy hips better than Shakira.
Sooooo. Roast Chicken! You should really make this!
I know. I say that all the time about all my recipes, but I mean it. I always mean it.
But, really? This tastes like Heaven. Not that I know what Heaven tastes like, but if it had a flavor, this Roast Chicken would probably be IT.
My mom, the one that practically laughs at people who eat boneless, skinless white meat chicken, is the reason why I made this pretty bird.
They were coming by for dinner last week, and because my Dad looooves chicken, but my Mom loves it only if it’s covered in crispy skin, roasting a whole bird was the obvious answer.
Normally, I rub some butter underneath the skin, as well as some herbs, but this whole cream cheese idea was kinda brilliant. I mean, there’s just so much to be said about this.
First, I wanna tell you that I named her Toots. Quite original…
Secondly, I wanna tell you that Toots is crispy, Toots is juicy, Toots is hard to resist. And I’m willing to say anything just so you’ll join me in this praising-bird fest…
I served Toots with a side of those delicious veggies living under her, and some homemade dinner rolls to sop up all that liquid – MY FAVORITE PART!!!
IF you have like 15 minutes to prep, make this today. Seriously. It takes 15 minutes to get it ready and about 1.5 hours to cook it. Easy Peasy!
- butter for baking dish
- 1 whole chicken (about 4-pounds), washed and dried
- 4- ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves (you can also use 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 whole lemon , quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive Oil
- 3- pounds red potatoes , quartered
- 3 large carrots , cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large white onion , quartered
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash and completely dry the whole chicken.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, carefully insert it underneath the skin, beginning at the neck. Slowly separate the skin from the meat without tearing through the skin. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, rosemary, chopped garlic, and ground pepper; mix until creamy and combined.
- Using your fingers or a spoon, spread the cream cheese mixture under the skin, around the entire bird, out to the thighs and legs. I find it easier to spoon a large chunk of the cream cheese under the skin; then I use my fingers to spread it around by rubbing the chicken on top.
- Place slices of lemon inside the cavity and set aside.
- Butter a large baking dish with one tablespoon butter.
- Place potatoes, carrots, onoins and garlic in baking dish; toss with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place prepared chicken on top of veggies.
- Sprinkle salt over chicken and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip the entire bird.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
- Transfer veggies and chicken to a large serving dish; spoon juices over chicken.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 12