Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake – Lightened-up, quick and easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake studded with fresh raspberries and finished off with a fluffy cream cheese topping. Only 210 calories per serving!
This post is sponsored by Dutch Farms! I used several of their products here, but most importantly, the “cream cheese”, a.k.a. Neufchatel Cheese on top! But who would click over for a cake that was named, Neufchatel Coffee Cake? ExactlY!
Also? HI-HEY, friends! How are you? Still Christmas shopping? I haven’t even started, yet.
Correction. I DID start, but I ended up buying things all for myself. Shameful, I know! BUT, in my defense, how do you pass up a 60% off Louis Vuitton bag? Right. You DON’T! And those SJP shoes… ♥
And then I made this cake, my guilt went away, and all things were right with the world.
This cake may or may not be the best thing to come out of my kitchen all month. It’s delicious. My Mom and I, the coffee and cake addicts that we are, ate the. whole. thing. As in, the whole cake. A little piece here, a little piece there, three more pieces for lunch, another after dinner… It adds up pretty quickly. And it’s easier to want to inhale it all when you know that it’s a lightened-up coffee cake. HOW much lighter?! 210 calories per slice. BAM!
Dutch Farms Inc. are a family-owned Chicago-based company with Dutch roots. For the reason that the Dutch have always been known for their dairy products, you can only imagine that at Dutch Farms, you will only find the best cheese, outstanding butter, and eggs. Yogurt, cheese, sour cream, and bacon, too. As well as Orange Juice and Whipped Topping. And more. In fact, they have every.thing.
SO. What do ya say? Shall we make a cake the Dutch Farms way? Of course we shall!
There’s really nothing to it. Classic buttery coffee cake holds everything together. Smooth neufchatel cream cheese mixed with an egg white is baked right on top, sweet raspberries are poured all over, and the whole thing is sprinkled with powdered sugar. It’s perfect weekend breakfast, Monday snack, and a Tuesday lunch.
I’m hoping with my fingers crossed that your mid-week includes this cake because it is the PERFECT coffee cake. Baked to a perfection with a layer of cloudy-like topping, it’s simply amaaaze! You’ll see.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons Dutch Farms butter , softened
- 1 cup sugar , divided
- 2 large Dutch Farms eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 ounces Dutch Farms Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar
- whipped topping , optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly coat a 9x9 baking pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest; set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine butter and 3/4-cup sugar; beat on medium speed until creamy and thoroughly combined.
- Add in the eggs, one by one, beating until well blended.
- Add vanilla and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Alternately add in the flour mixture and yogurt, beating just until combined.
- Pour batter into previously prepared pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining sugar and neufchatel cheese; beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the egg white; beat on high for 2 minutes, or until mixture is combined and doubled in size.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle fresh raspberries over the cake.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If cake starts to brown on top a bit too soon, tent it loosely with foil.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool in baking pan.
- Top with powdered sugar.
- Cut and serve with whipped topping.
WW SmartPoints: 7
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!