This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, olives, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Olives Aioli Dip with Battered Shrimp – Flavorful, creamy and very delicious Olives Aioli Dip served with perfectly crunchy battered shrimp.
No, really. I mean it. Olives in the form of DIP. Ah.may.zing! I know. I always say that, but I DO mean it.
So, hey hey hey! Happy FriYAY! AND Happy Halloween weekend!! What are you going as??? I’m thinking 80’s rock star, again. It’s who I am. Waaaay deep inside here there’s a 1980’s superstar, living in the wrong era.
I love it when these holidays end up on a weekend because then it’s like a whole 3-day party. Tonight we’ll drink in honor of Halloween. Tomorrow we’ll dress up, steal candy from the kids, and again, drink. Then, on Sunday, the plan is to just continue eating the kids’ candy, and drink.
Wanna guess what goes really, REALLY good with a drink? Especially with a cold beer? THIS Olives Aioli Dip with Battered Shrimp! Ya-HA!
First things first: I’m SO excited about STAR’s new olives. We’ve talked about this before and I have to tell you that, so far, every jar that we opened, we inhaled all the olives within seconds.
Today I’ve partnered with STAR to create this simple and wonderful, and chunky and spicy aioli dip with their Hot Pepper Stuffed Green Olives. These are tender Spanish olives with just a bit of extra heat. Perfect to throw into pasta, salads, or enjoy them as an appetizer.
Also, and according to STAR, these olives are cholesterol free, trans fat free, low carb and gluten free.
AND olives naturally contain omega-9 monounsaturated fat and antioxidants including vitamin E.
What does all that mean, you say? In my book, it means eat ’em up!!
This recipe is BOTH a quick football-food appetizer and something that you might feel like you’d order at a restaurant. It’s just a basic recipe for a dip where you throw everything into the food processor and hope for the most delicious thing ever.
The shrimp here are pretty amazing, too. Half of what you see was fried and the other half that you can’t see was baked. I am going to give you the recipe for both versions, but I will admit that the fried ones held together much better and they were crunchier. However, the baked ones weren’t bad at all. Not as crunchy, but overall they were very, very good.
Having said that, and not to be too dramatic or anything, but I’m seriously needing this right now all over again.
Have fun this weekend, don’t get too spooked out, eat allthecandy, and leave room for my Olives Aioli Dip. It goes grrrrreat with Sunday/Monday Night Football!
For more information on STAR Fine Foods Products, please check them out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Flavor Destinations: Hot Pepper Stuffed Olives are available at Walmart and Savemart stores, and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Olives Aioli Dip with Battered Shrimp
- 1/3 cup STAR Hot Pepper Stuffed Olives
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons STAR extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 pound shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- oil for frying (skip this if baking the shrimp)
- Place all the ingredients for the aioli dip in a food processor and process until thoroughly combined and incorporated.
- If the dip seems too thick, add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and process until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Best served cold.
- Combine oil and egg in a large bowl and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients (except oil for frying) and stir until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large frying pot or a deep fryer. Temperature of oil should be about 350F.
- Dip shrimp into batter and roll around to coat on all sides.
- Add shrimp to hot oil and fry for about 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve with prepared Olives Aioli Dip.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
11 comments on “Olives Aioli Dip with Battered Shrimp”
I adore olives in any form, but this dip takes the cake. Love it!
I am all over this recipe. This is going to be on the menu for one of my holiday parties/gatherings.
Hey Rockstar! I been stealing candy too. And this dip’s no trick! Woo hoo! Looking forward to trying this awesome dip at our next par-tay!
Olives are my weakness! I would adore this dip!
Wow, this sounds delish! And the shrimp have my husband’s name all over them!
Hi Kate…and again you nailed it!
That dip looks delicious!
I’m thinking that this would make a great dinner! ;))
I can always rely on you for tasty food!!!
I really want that right now – even though it likely wouldn’t go too well with my morning coffee! Looks like the perfect appetizer!
Whoa, these look amazing! I could eat all of them!
This looks so good!