Panzanella Sandwich – Inspired by the classic Italian Panzanella Salad, this incredibly delicious sandwich is piled with layers of summer vegetables, basil pesto, and mozzarella cheese.
This is straight up vegetarian deliciousness on the most straight up grainy, seedy, texture-galore sliced bread!
Oh, Hello! Welcome to my deli and please meet my golden-brown, red, and green colorful creation that I made just for you!
My goal in life is to serve you a delicious pile of food. We know this. My other goal is for you to make said food. And my third goal is to tell you about foods, products and recipes that make life easier, healthier, and simpler.
And I am totally going to tell you about the life hack that involves all three. Leftover lunch salads made into light dinner sandwiches with eureka!® Organic Bread!
Talk about an easy and delicious deal that you need to get on, stat.
eureka!® Organic Bread’s GRAINIAC® is full of taste and rich flavor. It truly is a delicious grainy goodness without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
But, friends, they didn’t stop there. Their varieties include, SAAA-WHEAT®, SEEDS THE DAY®, SMOOOOOTH WHEAT®, TOP SEED®, and SWEET BABY GRAINS®. I’m literally grinding my teeth right now as I imagine how good they all taste.
Besides, I’m a seeds-and-grains-junkie and all these varieties can definitely satisfy my cravings.
Meet this Panzanella Sandwich. It’s completely overloaded with the most delicious and fresh tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and onions, plus it has a little cheese and basil pesto, and it’s all tossed in balsamic vinegar.
And here’s the thing. Tomatoes. Organic bread with 14 grains and seeds. Cucumbers. PEPPERS. Hello? Health food!!
So the rundown:
First, we’re going to slice up everything, except for the sliced bread ’cause that’s just already sliced. I’m smart.
THEN, we’re going to season the veggies a bit and give ’em a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and some EVOO.
Third, we’re going to toast the bread slices, smear some basil pesto over each slice, and pile on the cheese.
Then comes the salad. Pile it high, pile it good… you won’t regret it.
These can absolutely be an entrée – they are for me – or just a light lunch OR even an appetizer. They are filling and so completely satisfying, you’ll be screaming eureka! right after the first bite!
Regardless of what sliced bread you normally use, I need you to look into this eureka!® Organic Bread situation for all your sandwiching needs. It is ON POINT. Trust. Not just that, though. Their bread is also packed with grains and seeds; it is Certified USDA Organic, Certified vegan, and NO high fructose corn syrup. SEE? Don’t be bland! Clearly, eureka!® Organic Grainiac Bread is winning!
- 4 campari tomatoes , sliced into rounds
- 1 English Cucumber , sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced into thin rings
- 1 small red onion , sliced into thin rounds
- 6 basil leaves , cut into thin ribbons
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 8 eureka!® Organic Grainiac Bread slices
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
Prepare the salad first
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper rings, onions, basil, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic in a salad bowl; gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Spread a teaspoon of basil pesto on each slice of bread.
Arrange the sandwiches
- Add a slice of cheese on 4 of the bread slices.
- Divide salad evenly over each slice of cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
Recipe NotesWW SmartPoints: 7
What would you put on a sandwich made with eureka!® Organic Bread? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/27/16 – 6/27/16