Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels.
Transfer the chicken breasts to the baking dish and rub a bit of minced garlic over each chicken breast. Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and Italian seasoning. Place a pat of butter over each chicken breast.
Place a sheet of parchment paper over the chicken breasts. Tuck the edges so that the parchment paper is snug around the chicken.
Bake for 30 to 33 minutes or until the chicken's internal temperature registers at 165˚F.
Remove from the oven and transfer the chicken to a serving plate; let rest for 5 minutes before serving and cutting.
- Chicken Breasts: This recipe uses boneless and skinless chicken breasts. If you want to use chicken thighs, please check out this recipe: Oven Baked Chicken Thighs.
- Parchment Paper: This will help retain moisture, resulting in tender and juicy chicken. Aluminum foil can be used in place of parchment paper.
- Seasonings: Chicken can be flavored with various herbs and spices. My go-to's are almost always garlic powder, onion powder, some paprika, dried oregano, dried thyme, or dried rosemary. Feel free to get creative using your favorite seasonings.
- Golden Brown Finish: To add a touch of golden crispiness, give the chicken breasts a quick broil to achieve that beautifully browned top.
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer: Please use a meat thermometer to check the chicken for doneness. Chicken is cooked through when its internal temperature registers at 165˚F. Also, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes after you pull it out of the oven and before slicing and serving.
Serving: 1 chicken breast | Calories: 159 kcal | Carbohydrates: 1 g | Protein: 24 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0.1 g | Cholesterol: 80 mg | Sodium: 154 mg | Potassium: 436 mg | Fiber: 0.3 g | Sugar: 0.05 g | Vitamin A: 130 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 17 mg | Iron: 1 mg
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.