Preheat oven to 275F.
Line a baking sheet with foil.
Set a rack over the baking sheet.
Rub steaks with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Place steaks on the rack.
*Grill in the oven for 22 to 30 minutes, depending on how you like it cooked. Please see my notes below for doneness.
In the meantime, cover the bottom of a cast iron skillet or a nonstick skillet with remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil; heat the oil over medium heat until smoking hot.
Remove steaks from oven and transfer to the hot skillet.
Cook steaks for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until browned and a bit crisp.
Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
Cut and serve.
GUIDE FOR STEAK DONENESS:
- Use an Instant Read Meat Thermometer.
- 125˚F to 130˚F internal temperature for RARE
- 135˚F to 140˚F internal temperature for MEDIUM RARE
- 145˚F to 150˚F internal temperature for MEDIUM TO MEDIUM-WELL
- 160˚F internal temperature for WELL DONE
- The FDA recommends that steak be cooked to an internal temperature of 145˚F.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 9
NET CARBS: 0g
Serving: 1 steak | Calories: 414 kcal | Protein: 62 g | Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Cholesterol: 173 mg | Sodium: 162 mg | Potassium: 970 mg | Calcium: 79 mg | Iron: 5 mg | Net Carbs: 0 g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.