Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Stuffed with feta cheese and topped with a delicious sweet and tangy glaze, this is the absolutely best meatloaf recipe that comes together in just a few quick and easy steps.
FOR THE MEATLOAF
Preheat oven to 375F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet or a baking dish with aluminum foil. Set aside.
Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Place ground meat in a large bowl.
Add in almond meal, shredded onions, minced garlic, feta cheese, eggs, heavy cream, tomato paste, tamari (if using), parsley, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix it all together with your hands until everything is thoroughly combined.
Transfer the ground meat mixture into previously prepared loaf pan; pressing the meat down to form into a loaf shape.
Invert it onto previously prepared baking sheet and set aside.
MAKE THE GLAZE
In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato paste, water, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper; whisk to combine.
If you want a thicker consistency, add more tomato paste. To thin it out, add more water, 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
Spread half of the prepared ketchup over the top of the meatloaf; reserve remaining ketchup for later.
Bake the meatloaf for 55 minutes.
Remove from oven and spread remaining ketchup over the meatloaf.
Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the middle of the meatloaf reaches 155F on a meat thermometer.
Remove meatloaf from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
Cut and serve.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD MEATLOAF
- Prepare the meatloaf (do not bake), invert it onto a baking sheet or baking dish, cover, and set in the fridge up to 1 day ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before baking.
HOW TO STORE AND FREEZE MEATLOAF
- Stored in airtight containers, cooked meatloaf will last for 4 days in the refrigerator.
- To further extend the shelf life of cooked meatloaf, cut into slices and freeze it in covered airtight containers OR heavy-duty freezer bags.
- You can also wrap it tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 12
To reduce the WW points down to only 2 points, use 99% lean ground turkey meat, fat-free half & half in place of heavy cream, and fat-free crumbled feta cheese.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Amount Per Serving (1 Slice)
Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 12g60%
Vitamin A 570IU11%
Vitamin C 5.3mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Keywords: homemade ketchup, ground beef recipes, meatloaf, beef chuck recipe, meatloaf recipe, easy dinner recipe