In a large mixing bowl combine tomato sauce, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, paprika, and cayenne; whisk until completely incorporated. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade for later.
Add the shrimp to the remaining marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to Medium Heat. Grease grill grates with oil.
Remove shrimp from refrigerator. Alternately, thread shrimp, peppers, and onions onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using.
Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp turn pink and veggies are tender. Turn the shrimp occasionally and brush with the reserved marinade during the last couple minutes of cooking.
Remove from grill. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- If You Don't Want to Grill the Shrimp: You can also broil your seafood for about 5 minutes under the broiler, instead of using the grill.
- Grease the Grill Grates: Don't skip this step! It ensures that the shrimp won't stick to the grates when you try to remove the kabobs.
- Soak Your Skewers: If you're using wooden skewers, it's important to soak them in water for at least 20 minutes so that the wood doesn't burn. You can use metal skewers instead if you don't want to use wooden ones.
- Space Out Your Skewers: It's okay if the edges of the shrimp lightly touch the edges of the veggies, but try to avoid tightly packing your kabobs. You want to give both the seafood and the veggies room to cook through.
- Don't Overcook the Shrimp: Overdone shrimp is rubbery, so carefully watch your shrimp if you need to grill it past 5 minutes.
Calories: 129 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Protein: 1 g | Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g | Sodium: 547 mg | Potassium: 229 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 893 IU | Vitamin C: 62 mg | Calcium: 39 mg | Iron: 1 mg | Net Carbs: 6 g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.