- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes (you can also use chicken breasts, but check for doneness a bit sooner)
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (if you like your food spicier, use 1 teaspoon cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound raw frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups cooked rice
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- sliced green onions, for garnish
Add all ingredients, except shrimp and rice, to a slow cooker, in the order listed.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours to 3 ½ hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove cover and stir in the shrimp; continue to cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
Add cooked rice and stir through.
Remove bay leaf.
Garnish jambalaya with parsley and green onions.
Calories: 421 kcal | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Protein: 36 g | Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Cholesterol: 232 mg | Sodium: 941 mg | Potassium: 794 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 1929 IU | Vitamin C: 50 mg | Calcium: 134 mg | Iron: 3 mg | Net Carbs: 29 g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.